• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which pie tin?

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I noticed I can get red or orange.

Car is white, has tan gut. Has a B5 blue looking breather lid that matches some plug wire holders on the valve covers.

I'm trying to make the car spiffy for the only car show I EVER plan to enter. A buddy is having his first one and I told him he needs at least one cool car there :wave: I don't typically care about underhood looks so I could care less about such things. I have plenty of time to decide.

Also can somebody please measure how big the diameter is? I need to know if one will fit the lid I have now, it is some after market job.

dobie

Reaction score
69 is orange, to match the motor. 68 is red, as the engine is turquoise.

:cheers:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll measure this afternoon and I will go with the orange to be correct. If it won't fit on this lid I'm not sure what I'll do. I need the drop base to clear with the taller intake. So the lid kind of has to work with the base.

droptop

Reaction score
I have done some research on this topic in the past, and what I found out is that the color changed mid year in 69. Early built cars had red, and later built cars had orange. Each plant had different amounts of inventory of the red tins that had to be used up before the switch to orange. So you could have either color on your 69 Road Runner. Use the color that makes you happy.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
good news- it will fit and should look good based on the measurements.

bad news- droptop has me thinking. I do have an Oct. 68 car.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
droptop said:
Use the color that makes you happy.

Ditto. My philosophy for anything automotive related - unless it is something that you're just building to sell. When that's the case, put it back the way it came originally...

:jester:

jays69bird

Reaction score
My original was red,my conv. was built I believe if memory serves in Sep.68,I also have the twin snorkel air cleaner as my car was sold in Downey CA originally.

Back