• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who installed legendary and how did it go?

sam z

Reaction score
Just watched their video series on youtube and it looked time consuming but with a little
patience and maybe a helper you can do a good job. Any agreement?

droptop

Reaction score
Anyone can install seat covers. Just take your time and make sure you lay the covers out in the hot sun for a couple of hours before installing. Take your time and stretch, stretch, stretch. Carpet and door panels are no problem at all. The head liner is the most difficult. After trying (and destroying) to install one myself, I have always paid someone else to do this. :cents:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I did the seats and they went pretty well, after I got them on I set them in the sun and smacked them around a little and any rumple they had came out. The headliner took two of us.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
Every thing went easy for me even did the headliner by myself
Classic industry sells legendary parts was thecheapest around they even have 15% off now

V269

Reaction score
I put Legendary in my car too but had it installed buy someone. Looks great and fit perfect too. Go for it man. :thumbsup:

moparchris

Reaction score
droptop said:
Anyone can install seat covers. Just take your time and make sure you lay the covers out in the hot sun for a couple of hours before installing. Take your time and stretch, stretch, stretch. Carpet and door panels are no problem at all. The head liner is the most difficult. After trying (and destroying) to install one myself, I have always paid someone else to do this. :cents:

There's your problem! Your back window has a zipper. :lol: :acme:

Collin

Reaction score
I bought the seat covers and foam and had a shop install them. They said the main problem they usually see is that people do not build up the sides of the seat bottom and it comes out flat. The seats (buckets) were supposed to have a contour to them. They did an amazing job and they look great

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Done a couple sets now. They went pretty easy, just be sure if you are doing a bench seat that you put the right cover on the right seat. I almost goofed up that one.

If you are doing buckets, be sure they get the old wires inserted in the covers and hog ringed the same as original.

Use a big pair of diagonal cutters to grab the old hog rings and give them a twist so they will open back up and come off. Buy a decent set of hog ring pliers to install the new hog rings.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
On buckets with new foam you have to cut the foam to pull the inserted wire down threw to get the contour

droptop

Reaction score
moparchris said:
droptop said:

There's your problem! Your back window has a zipper. :lol: :acme:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I tried to put a head liner in my GTX back in the late 80's. The convertible top WILL be put on by someone else.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I did the back seat in my other car. first time for me. piece of cake. I've done a couple headliners. easier with a helper. but not too bad. My new car had all new Legendary already in it when I got it. looks great.

Back