• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will A K Member From A '68 Coronet 4door Work on My '70 Roadrunner?

Legbah

Reaction score
I had to take my Roadrunner to Starkville to get paperwork for my application for certificate of title. Stopped in a Spray booth and cleaned up my car and a guy came up and told me he had a '68 coronet that he just sold to a salvage yard "up the road". So I went to said salvage yard and there was his 4 door Coronet 440 with complete front end. I bargained a good price for the whole front end complete with wheels and tires. I think it will fit, was just wondering if the 4 door part will make a difference. Sorry for my lack of knowledge. Thanks Guys.car on trailer.jpgClean Car.jpgRear Deck.jpg

car on trailer.jpg

Clean Car.jpg

Rear Deck.jpg

A12

Reaction score
Won't work with a '70 sway bar, only a mid to late production '69 K-frame would work for a '70 B-body with a '70 sway bar. If you don't want a sway bar then the '68 will work.

Legbah

Reaction score
I just want to be able to roll it up on a trailer so I don't have the struggle I had today. Also I need to be able to load and unload it on a trailer to get a buddy of mine that has a body shop to weld the floor pans in. I really want a RMS AlterKtion front end.

A12

Reaction score
Here's a k-frame illustration I did years ago showing the differences between the most common K-frame found on A12's and mid to later model year '69 B-bodies. The '70 sway bar runs across the center, under and through the '70 model K-frame. The '68/'69 sway bar runs in front of the K-frame. This image shows how they got ready for the '70 model change by not drilling the bottom half of the soon to be '70 K-frame but drilling through both top and bottom halves to mount the '69 sway bar. The different cutouts on the bottom of the K-frame are that way for the '70 sway bar to go through the top and bottom of the sway bar so not to cause a ground clearance issue. I'll try to post a '68/early '69 type. kframe.jpg

kframe.jpg

A12

Reaction score
I just want to be able to roll it up on a trailer so I don't have the struggle I had today. Also I need to be able to load and unload it on a trailer to get a buddy of mine that has a body shop to weld the floor pans in. I really want a RMS AlterKtion front end.

Should work fine and even a small block and a /6 will work (except for the /6 engine mounts only work for /6's :grin:). The sway bar was the only issue when I thought you needed a K-frame for a '70 B-body with sway bar. Oops sorry..........but now you have some K-frame fitment info :beep:

Last edited:

Legbah

Reaction score
Thanks A12, members like you are the reason I love this site. True knowledge, understanding of design and a desire to help your fellow man make you a real help to me and the other "Nubes." Thanks again.

Back