• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will this get me Banned? PlastiDip!!!

mopar1969

Reaction score
Ok i am considering would some would probably consider sacralidge.......My 73RR is in primer and still needs many hours of body work I want to get it on the road had had some fun with it for a while I considering........Plastidip! What do you think?

the car was scraped to bare metal but has non epoxy primer which is porous so there could be rust underneath

Options:
1. bite the bullet and do the 100s of hours of body work riight
2. scrape the primer off and paint w/ epoxy primer and drive for awhile
3. just prep it and put some std primer on it but that does not really protect the metal
4. put plsti-dip on and let it go for a couple years and do the body work right later

025.jpg

Last edited:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
IMHO, the plastidip won't do much except cover up the old primer. If there's rust, there's rust and it's going to come back to haunt you no matter what is there.

If you really want to plastidip the car and skip the body work for now, I would suggest you strip the primer first. It looks like rattle can primer from the picture, so a few hours with a DA and it will be gone. Prep and prime the car with good primer and then do your plastidip. At least then you'll have some idea what is going on under the primer.

BTW, I really don't like the plasti dip look, but it's your car.

Back