• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windage tray

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
This is the tray that came with the motorhome 440. Is it the same as the one used in the HP engines?

Wind Tray.jpg

V.R.D

Reaction score
i have a mildon windage tray and it is way different but it is for racing. i have used that one you have and like it better .

Rumrunner

Reaction score
I installed a new one a year or so ago, don't remember the brand but it's made out of hard black plastic with rubber gaskets on both sides.
I was pleased with the design and install. No problems.

IMG_2721.JPG

Rumrunner

Reaction score
the one posted by MoparDan from Jeggs looks like it.
With the gaskets built in the install was easy.

WWheeler

Reaction score
I have never been a big fan of using plastic instead metal, but the Jeg's windage tray looks like it would have a better seal than the factory double gasket. Is that what the consensuses is of those you used this?

The description of this windage tray says for oil pans with smooth rails. Looking at just about every stock pan, they have a ridge between the bolt holes. Is this acceptable with the plastic tray?

Last edited:

Rumrunner

Reaction score
I agree about metal over plastic however it takes out the issue of making sure (positive) the separate gaskets are aligned and the pressure distributed very evenly.
It was an easy install.
I don't remember any groves in the pan or the block, could've been, but there is no leaks.
I was a little surprised how thick the gaskets were.

The picture below is what I traded for the Runner.
62 Chevy II
Mostly dialed in.

20181018_100603.jpg

WWheeler

Reaction score

WWheeler

Reaction score
I have a new pan on order as well as the plastic windage tray!
Thanks!

Back