• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window sticker question for the New York guys

A31PKG

Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of folks here from the New York area, and I have been trying to figure this out for some time.... I'd like to order a repro window sticker from Triple A Enterprises and I'm trying to determine the dealer that my car originally was shipped to. Here's the deal: My car was purchased new in Attica at a Chrysler dealership called Exchange Auto Sales. The car was DX'd in (dealer exchange) from another dealership. I have talked with the original owner and he cannot remember the name of the dealer. I fortunately have a portion of the original window sticker, but it was unfortunately cut from the glass when removed by the dealership at PDI. The dealer code and most of the name was lost. I've attached a picture of what I have. It looks like the letters "ON" appear before the word "Motor Co Inc" . I was wondering if anyone would know of an upstate dealership that might fit? There are lots of little towns in the area that end with "ON"... It could also have been something like "John Doe and Son".... etc.... Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I was thinking that car could have come from Rochester or Buffalo. I did a search for Chrysler dealers in the area and I did notice that Hoselton Automall has been in business since 1920. I did a search again and found they were known as Hoselton Motors at one point. What I haven't found is if they were a Chrysler dealer in the sixties.

A31PKG

Reaction score
Thanks John for looking into this... I was told about a site called MaxWedge.com that had a dealership database. I looked it up and came up with about 10 potential dealerships, but the font-counts would not fit on what's left of my label. I took a scan of a friends Lynch Road label, and then scanned mine on thin stock. Then I placed mine over his on a piece of glass and put a lamp under it... and the fonts - as well as the basic placement of the words - match up perfectly. So I know based on the above that whatever the name, is HAS to fit font and placement -wise. The closest name I've come up with so far from the MaxWedge site is an outfit called "Fulkerson"... but even that name is off by a font..."Hoselton" looks like it just might be a fit! "Hoselton Motor Co Inc" ?? Let me know if you uncover anything else on them...BTW your deck lid turned out great - Thanks again!

Big John

Reaction score
FWIW, I looked at that site and it doesn't show a lot of dealers from my area, including Nastri CP where my car was sold new.

A31PKG

Reaction score
Yes, I actually had an email exchange about a year ago with the admin guy from the site (can't remember his name off hand) and he said that the list was in no way "complete", but at least it was a start... He did not have Exchange Auto Sales on the list either....

69B5

Reaction score
You may what to try dealers in Dunkirk, NY
The letters "irk" could be part of an address which could fit if the car was exchanged from another dealer
I also believe there was a dodge dealer in Fulton, NY that may also fit
Good luck

Big John

Reaction score
69B5 said:
The letters "irk" could be part of an address which could fit if the car was exchanged from another dealer
Good luck

There were a Chrysler-Plymouth (and Jeep!) dealer in Fulton. Its name was Parkay Motors. It's now Par-K. My Dad bought a new Chrysler there in 1968. The Dodge dealer near there was Longley Brothers. Its still there.

A31PKG

Reaction score
69B5 said:
Good luck

Thanks B5, I believe the "IRK" is actually "ORK" for New York... The "O" is cut off....

69B5

Reaction score
You have the original sticker so you can tell better than me if its ork or irk In the picture in your attachment

there looks to be a dot above the cut off letter

Back