• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WINDSHIELD WIPER

vso737

Reaction score
Well,
I've owned my DREAM CAR for four years now. Needless to say, it has NEVER seen water nor did I ever think I would ever drive it in the rain...……………...LOL

That all changed a couple of weeks ago when it was scheduled to rain for the first few hours on the day of ONE OF MY FAVORITE car shows...…………...So, "I took the plunge" drove the 35 miles North to the show.

As I expected, the wipers worked fine with the exception of the wiper on the DRIVER's side hitting the top of the windshield molding and the blade even getting stuck at times. I had to turn off the wipers to disengage the blade and then it would happen again, and again......very frustrating to say the least.
First thought was that maybe the wiper blade was too long or on the wrong arm. Once we got to the car show I quickly realized that neither one of those issues pertained. I then remembered that the wiper blade would rest fairly high on the windshield at times. NOT every time they were turned off but most times. So, I removed the arm and reinstalled it making sure that the blade rested as low as possible on the windshield.
Who knows, I may have to use them again some day...……….

We are very happy that we decided to attend the show. The show ONLY experienced approx. 40% 'no shows' and 110% in spectator participation. The weather cleared into becoming a great sunny day from approx. 0930 hours onward.
To put 'icing on the cake', we came home with an 'honorable mention' plaque.

LG,
Mike

Back