• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wingbuff Intro

wingbuff

Reaction score
Considering the purchase of a Roadrunner someday. Looking for tips/info on what to look for. I am considering a collectable muscle car in the future and would love to have a 69/70 Roadrunner. I had a friend in High School that had a 70 Roadrunner. Loved it! I also had a friend in College that was a MOPAR freak! He bought, restored and sold at least 15 MOPARs in his lifetime (recently passed away from cancer). He had a 68 Hemi-Orange Roadrunner and a 69 GTX.

earlyrides

Reaction score
WELCOME with some Runner hunting advice

Welcome to the site.
I say right off you have good taste from what you say you want. (we might be a bit biased here...)
The 69s seem easier to find and restore since more of the hard parts are being repopped.
That being said, and having owned both; I really like the 70s also and especially the ones with that sexy pistol grip shifter.
But beware. If you find a 70 to buy; try to get one that is as complete as possible because there are many subtle but 70-only specific parts associated with that year.
Either way; you can't beat the feeling of going to the local cruise night and seeing a row of Camaros, a row of Mustangs, a row of 57 Chevys and pulling up in the middle and being the only 69 or 70 Runner.
Let us know what you are looking at and possibly even before you buy it and post some pictures and we can give you some advice on what specifically to look at or how much to pay for a particular car.
Good luck in your hunt for the right car.

Back