• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

winshield

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Before I order from AMD, does anyone else have clear windshields?

mac

What ?
Reaction score
try your local glass-collision shop. ordered mine and they installed it right in my garage, providing my own new seal.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mac said:
try your local glass-collision shop. ordered mine and they installed it right in my garage, providing my own new seal.

That was why I asked about the date coding - if it doesn't matter to you then why hassle with shipping a windshield? I thought you had mentioned previously that you were going to have a windshield guy come out and do the install? Seems this came up when we were discussing rear glass installs and the butyl tape... I have a local guy and he's very reasonable on both the glass and installation...haven't done the RR yet obviously...but he did the Camaro last summer and I was pleasantly surprised... He told me they have to be cheap - or the insurance companies won't call them...and they have to FAST - or they won't make any money...

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mac said:
I called six shops yesterday and all they have is tinted glass, and could'nt get clear :popcorn:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
mac said:
I called six shops yesterday and all they have is tinted glass, and could'nt get clear :popcorn:

I wonder if that's why Bambi has a tinted windshield...??? :huh:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Im going to call AMD and see if they mark their glass, if not I wonder if ECS would?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ECS didnt want to get mixed up in any shipping damage and who done it. AMD has the glass $420 to my door with a mopar logo on it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I had a nation wide glass co. check all of their vendors and none make clear. So I placed an order with AMD. I hope this saves some steps for others :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I had a nation wide glass co. check all of their vendors and none make clear. So I placed an order with AMD. I hope this saves some steps for others :thumbsup:

So why didn't you order two...you know I need one...? :lol:

Thanks for doing all of the leg work! :thumbsup:

:jester:

Back