• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wiper motor questions

cheflar

Reaction score
My '69 Roadrunner was scheduled to be built on Dec. 16, 1968. Somewhere along the way my wiper motor was replaced with a "C" body Wiper motor with a date code of '67. I can tell by my broadcast sheet (and from talking with Kim @ Passion4Mopars that I should be looking for one of 2 wiper motors...but not sure exactly which one. After searching the internet part #2983033 could be correct, but the build dates i am finding are 2398, 2678, and 2888 (all just a little early)...part #2983116 can be found with date codes 3238, 3308 and 3448. Is it safe to "assume" I am looking for part #2983116 or can anyone tell me if #2983033 (which is supposedly used on all "early" production '69 roadrunners could also have been used. My car came from the Lynch Road plant if that would matter. Does anyone happen to have a car that built around the same date? same plant?

Collin

Reaction score
I have a 69 Lynch Road car here's the numbers

image.jpg

cheflar

Reaction score
thanks collin...things have been a little hectic on my end...i appreciate the info...i have been trying to get a good idea of which number was used when, so this comes in handy!

A12

Reaction score
My '69 GTX was scheduled to be built on C16 / December 16, 1968 the exact same day as your road runner and has a 2-speed wiper.... only problem or difference it was built in the LA (E) assembly plant. Sorry but I don't know when I can get to it to read the date code and part number but I'll try to as soon as I can. Ironically I need to replace the wiper motor as it turns very slowly but still works. I already purchased one from the local NAPA just so I had something if needed and really planned to swap the housings if there is a way to do that without going to a restoration wiper service shop?? I'll try to get the date code as soon as I get a chance. I'd bet with the way all of the assembly plants worked on the JIT (Just In Time) production plan all of the date codes in all of the plants will be "in the ballpark" so my GTX's wiper motor date code should be close.......or at least like the Price Is Right closest without going over :biggrin:

A12

Reaction score
ah oh, I think you guys are talking 3-speed wiper motors......sorry the only 3-speed wiper motor is on my A12 road runner with a 4-26 (today, but not really :untroubled:) SPD. No date found on my GTX 2-speed wiper motor just looked.

cheflar

Reaction score
hey a12, thanks for the attempt...yeah, mine should be a 3 speed...i have now (with collins) searched ebay, a ton of other sites, etc. and come up with the fact that for sure wiper motor #2983033 can be found with a date code of 2958, while #2983116 can be found with the earliest date code 3238 and the latest being 3448...i haven't been able to find one that was stamped between 2958 and 3238 which is a good possibility of when mine would have been produced...i appreciate all of the help you guys gave me.

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
welcome to the RR forum ???????

seem like maybe posted in the wrong section, this is intros not tech questions..
anyway good luck

if you can't get your answers here try over at the sister site www.forbbodiesonly.com maybe

Back