• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

words of wisdom

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Subject: Words of Wisdom

>
>
>
> "You cannot
> legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the
> wealthy out of prosperity.
>
>What one person receives without
> working for, another person must work for without receiving.
>
> The government cannot give to anybody anything that the
> government does not first take from somebody else.
>
> When half of the people get the idea that they do not
> have to work because the other half is going to take care of
> them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no
> good to work because somebody else is going to get what they
> work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the
> end of any nation.
>
> You cannot multiply wealth by
> dividing it."*
>
>
>

mcmopar

Reaction score
How true. Yet those who are running the show fail to remember the axiom; "those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it." It didn't work in the USSR, doesn't work in N Korea, China, Cuba or Venezuela and yet they still foolishly think it will work here. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Yes, but unfortunately the definition of stupidity/insanity is trying the same approach that yields failure over and over and expecting different results. Its like the foolish girl who falls for "bad boys" over and over again thinking she can change them. Its a different guy every time with different circumstances but the outcome is always the same - pain and failure. She doesn't learn anything from history so she keeps on repeating it. :loco:
The only "change" we have gotten out of the deal so far is another day older and (a LOT) deeper in debt. Add in the govt. run health care and we'll collapse under the financial burden. We can't keep spending money like a drunken sailor on liberty. Needless to say we'll be a 3rd world country financially if this keeps up. You can only play Robin Hood for so long and then its time to pay the piper.
While I was never a fan of Bill Clinton I'll admit he was good at domestic affairs (no pun intended). This president and the Democratic party as a whole could learn a thing or two from him in that regard.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
While I was never a fan of Bill Clinton I'll admit he was good at domestic affairs (no pun intended). This president and the Democratic party as a whole could learn a thing or two from him in that regard.

Considering that it was Clinton's administration that began the push for the loosening / lowering of lending guidlelines that ultimately led to the collapse of both the housing market and the lending industry I'd have to respectfully disagree with you John...

And let's not forget that he and that idiot Gore basically did a catch and release on Bin Laden...

Ray

mcmopar

Reaction score
I hear you. Its just that when he was in office I was working and when G.H.W.B. was on his way out I got laid off for 2 months. Then, G.B. was on his way out and I got let go in April '08 and haven't had a full time job since then.
My observations are these (IMHO):
1.) The Bushes seemed to be more interested in foreign policy than domestic policy.
2.) Back then (the Clinton era) it seemed the Republicans had their hands in everbody's pockets while the Democrats had their hands in everybody's pants! :jester:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I'm right there with you guys. I won't say much cause I start getting pissed and then I'm stressed out for the next couple of hours........ :lol:

Back