• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would like to know where my old Road Runner is?

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Hi all, just recently joined and thanks for the warm welcome. I added some picture of my latest Road Runner, however, I have always wondered what has happened to my old 69 I sold back in 1997 in CA. The VIN # is RM23H9A214947. Any hints out there? I added pictures. The original color for this car was T5 Bronze. I had it painted to Plum Crazy back in 1985.

472775261_55e4f509f6_z[1].jpg

472612192_2cc1d1cd47_z[1].jpg

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
wow could be? mine was T5 but that vin is not mine I'm in norcal I think it was sold around that time PM me more info and we can talk.

4spd69RR

Reaction score
I sold the Runner in Fresno in 1997 to a MOPAR guy who own a restored 70 brown cuda. My old road runner was originally T5, the first owner had it painted red. When I purchased the paint was faded and it need a lot of body work. I had it painted to Plum Crazy because it was my daughters favorite color. When it left me it had the fender tag. One of the identifing marks on the car. It had a dent in the roof on the passenger side cause by a car transport company. Let me know, the pics you have posted on photobucket look great.

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
Well we know vin tags can be changed the vin matches the radiator support but that;s all I could find engine has been replaced funny cuz they replaced it with a 383 HP 68 block - did their homework I guess. I have the 493 stroked up 440 in her now. still need to look at trans, but I see no signs of purple anywhere. Mine is a LA car bought in Redding moved to SF then to Concord / Pleasant Hill then to El Dorado Hills area were I found it. Original owner from what I can gather is now 86. There were registration signs of it being sold in or around 97 but I can not seem to get anymore info from the DMV unless I put in a micro fish request. I am car 61 on mac's registry, It looks like it was in a rear end or rear side collision at one time lots of bondo and a rear quarter maybe replaced not bad work back then but they replaced the bumper with a 68 which I am just now correcting. Big thanks to generaljmwlee for sending me the mounting brackets for the back up lamps.

The T5 is every were, I have redone the engine bay in it and most of the trunk, the door sils are still T5 never painted obviously a macco or earl shibe job lol Going to cost me a lot to get back to that t5 but it's worth it.

Here is the other album which has the car as I bought it - last pics
http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... %20Runner/

Registry link
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/m ... 611969.jpg

4spd69RR

Reaction score
You say yours was mostly a CA car. Mine was a Florida car, it had a good body for being here in the wet humide climate and salt air. Like I said it was originally T5, then Red, then I painted it purple. The original owner hit a telephone ploe in the front passenger. I had to replace the front fender, inner fender, bumper, radiator, grill, and lower control arm.

Back