• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Roadrunner Pillowcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I'm posting this for the guy that did the disc brake conversion for my Windsor. He's a good guy and this is a great story.

My son Austin was born in 1978 and after some back and forth his mom and I ended our marriage a year or so later. I raised him from age 2 up into adulthood, by myself, a single dad in a time where single dads were not common. We had a sort of Tom Sawyer life together, two guys just growing up and older together. We played a lot at fishing, cars, bikes, camping, cooking and just being silly boys together. One of the most treasured items from his childhood was, and is, a Roadrunner Pillowcase. It was his most highly treasured possession and after years and years of use and love it became so thread bare it had to be retired to the chest of treasures.

Fast forward to now. Today my son is a 34 year old veteran of two tours in Iraq, a Major in the US Army, and about to deploy to Afghanistan for his third tour of duty in five years. As a family, I and my wife, my daughter and his wife, sons, and daughter have decided the one thing we need to send along with him is another roadrunner pillowcase. Sentimental folks we are. And I am a pretty resourceful fellow, but try as I might I have found not one of them, not one for sale! I did fine one that sold last July and I am nagging the seller to introduce me to the buyer, but nothing yet. So, as the most resourceful group of Moparaholics on the world wide web....can you help me achieve my sentimental goal? Anything any of you can do to help me find and buy this childhood treasure for my son would be forever appreciated by all of us, and by him!

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?p=322289#post322289

Roadrunnerpillowcase.jpg

Big John

Reaction score
He wants one just like the picture. :cheers:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's a great story! never saw one of those, I'll keep an eye out for some.

Big John

Reaction score
:flag: Bump

zupanj

Reaction score
I did a quick search the other day but couldn't find them. Will keep looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back