• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zerust Vapor Capsules

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was crusing around Lowe's earlier this morning (I like to go early as it's kinda like going to wally world; if you get there before society's finest crawl out of their hole it's a much nicer experience...call me a snob - I don't care... :lol: ) and spotted something in the tool section that I had not seen previously. Zerust capsules that you put in cabinetry, tool chests, and such to prevent their contents from rusting. Anyone have any experience with these?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Back in my Toolmaker days, I used to have a little bottle of these blue crystals that would turn pink when they got saturated with moisture. Pop them in the oven to dry out and change back to blue. Did they work? Yea, I guess so, but then again my stuff was never in a place where it was damp.

Better yet, take a look at the small heater called golden rod or dry rod that people use in gun cabinents.

6R9Runner

Reaction score
If its the blue to pink stuff, it is likely Drierite or silica gel desiccant which is available from Lab suppliers. Approx .cost is $10-20 per lb depending on how much you order.

mannye

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I was crusing around Lowe's earlier this morning (I like to go early as it's kinda like going to wally world; if you get there before society's finest crawl out of their hole it's a much nicer experience...call me a snob - I don't care... :lol: ) and spotted something in the tool section that I had not seen previously. Zerust capsules that you put in cabinetry, tool chests, and such to prevent their contents from rusting. Anyone have any experience with these?

HAHA I do the same thing when I go to River Ranch trailer park near Tampa. They have a huge Wally World that has absolutely everything! But get there before the freaks! Down here I don't bother... the freaks are out 24/7! (I should know...being one of them) :cheers:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
naw...I just don't wipe the grease off my tools so I don't hafta worry about rust....

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
What makes you tools rust anyway :acme: :acme: :acme:

Well, they really aren't. But I was think about parts storage for items that are supposed to have a natural finish...

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
What makes you tools rust anyway :acme: :acme: :acme:
since mopars dont break down as often af brand x cars, we the mopar people dont use our tools as often as the other people. thats why are tools start to rust!

Back