• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

0verflow

andy69

Reaction score
when i start the car up at idle for about 5mins,about a litre of water comes out the overflow,now the radiator is all good,new thermostat. Could it be the water pump? someone sugggested i put a kettle at the bottom so i can make a coffee when im on the road.What an idiot then again.

6R9Runner

Reaction score
Without more information on the engine:
Optimistic- the rad is full, rad cap is weak, and expansion of coolant or trapped air causes the overflow
Pessimistic- head gasket leak, check your oil.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I hope your not filling it to the top, there is no where to go but out as it expands. On a side note I found these things like about 2/3s of the upper tank filled or they will piss every time you shut them off until they reach that happy place. I call it marking their territory :lol:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
yes what they said....and a couple of small 1/8 holes drilled in the thermostat to help get rid of air in system.....then jack up car so the radiator cap is the highest point and fill till you see no more air bubbles :jester:

A31PKG

Reaction score
I agreee with all....

Would like to add to make sure the heater valve is open so no air pockets get trapped in the heater core....

Back