• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1/18 Diecast help needed

Rawone

Reaction score
I have been trying to locate and purchase a 1/18 scale 1969 1/2 Plymouth Roadrunner in Bahama Yellow, but haven't had any luck finding one. It's seems they are discontinued or sold out. I would appreciate any links or help finding the above diecast car, or dealer/person that has it in stock. I have looked here and a few other places such as ebay and Amazon,Supercar Collectibles / Ertl RC2 Brands. The car is featured in their add....I plan on calling them Friday...but need help for another source if it is not stocked or discontinued. Thanks in advance Scott http://www.supercar1.com/

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
How about buying whatever color car is available and painting it?

Any good paint shop can give you the right color and load a spray can.

Rawone

Reaction score
True....Guess that will be my Backup Plan. Thanks Big John

modernistsouth

Reaction score
There are a lot on eBay in the Sunflower Yellow. They limited production on the Bahama yellow to 1750. The collector/dealer market probably scooped them up. Have you set a search on eBay, so when they get listed you get notified? They are sure to show up on eBay for top dollar.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Maybe things have changed but I heard some time back the Warner bros didn't allow the use of the Roadrunner so there was a limited number that got produced and the best you could do was a Belvedere. So scoop one up and paint it.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
they are more work to paint than you think, they use a funny paint and I had a hard time painting or priming over it, ended up stripping the paint and going from bare metal only for them to release one in that color later.

Rawone

Reaction score
Hmm set the search on ebay huh...I have searched but will look into setting it to notify me, I didn't know I could do that. Thanks Everyone

modernistsouth

Reaction score
When you type your item into the search bar, next to the results it will give you the option to "Follow this search" in green. Every time one is listed, you'll be notified.

ebay_search.jpg

ebay_search.jpg

Photon440

Reaction score
Maybe things have changed but I heard some time back the Warner bros didn't allow the use of the Roadrunner so there was a limited number that got produced and the best you could do was a Belvedere. So scoop one up and paint it.

If that's the case, no problem. I've made my own decals. Just obtain the image and scale it down to the size required for the model. Run a sheet of water-slide decal paper through a colour laser printer, cut it out and you have it.

Tjstartt

Reaction score
Thay did !
Now all the newer ones don't have the bird on the door.
I have All the colors thay made and more. If you want I have a freind who has a small store that sells Dicast. He may have one and I could get it and ship it to you for what it costs me.
Just PM me here.

Back