• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1 of 1 Roadrunner convert

moparchris

Reaction score
So I was dropping off some doors I was trying to sell on ebay. Well my good friend and racing buddy was the high bidder. Turns out he needed them for a 68 runner he sold to me and I sold back to him a few years later. Anyways he asks me if I want to see what he is working on. Well its a 999 code Bahama yellow Roadrunner convert that he claims in the only one in this color. Great car 383 auto 323 sure grip. Right now its getting the engine and trans rebuilt and new front suspension. Thought you guys would like to see.

MarPar

Reaction score
:drool: Hmmm...makes me wonder... :huh: :pot:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
You know how some people are cuckoo for cocoa puffs? I am looney for '68 Plymouth B-bodies.
Over the years I have owned a GTX, Satellite, Belvedere, and my current Road Runner.
I have lots of literature on '68's and know them pretty well.
No, I am not an expert - lots of people know more, but, I have never heard of or have seen a '68 Road Runner convertible. Satellite - yes. GTX- yes, but not a Road Runner. Could this be real? Never say never, but I doubt it.

Nevertheless, it still looks like a sweet ride........ :beep:

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
I missed out on a survivor rm23 that color for 9,000 last summer because of being laid off :toetap:

droptop

Reaction score
No way to prove or disprove the 999 that I know of....none the less, a very nice car that I would love to have. :drool: :drool: :drool:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
You know how some people are cuckoo for cocoa puffs? I am looney for '68 Plymouth B-bodies.
Over the years I have owned a GTX, Satellite, Belvedere, and my current Road Runner.
I have lots of literature on '68's and know them pretty well.
No, I am not an expert - lots of people know more, but, I have never heard of or have seen a '68 Road Runner convertible. Satellite - yes. GTX- yes, but not a Road Runner. Could this be real? Never say never, but I doubt it.

Nevertheless, it still looks like a sweet ride........ :beep:

Harry - I think you need to re-read Chris' post... He is not saying that the droptop is a '68. The doors that his buddy bought from him off of e-bag are for a '68 if I read this correctly...

moparchris

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
oops, Ray, I think you are right. :leave:

No worries since i refuse to use proper punctuation in my pointless rants its sometimes hard to follow along and then I realize the crappy pic I took of it dont show the markers so its easy to get confused but dont be confused now since i am trying to clear things up with this here rant and that leads me to the tail of this guy he has tons of bitchin cars and includes a hemi dart clone race car that runs 8s a real hemi 68 runner a 68 runner race car a 68 runner 383 auto that he has owned forever which it used to sit at his house and i used to ride my bike by it and dream of owning it one day we laugh about it now and it has since been restored he also has a few brand Xs and i think a ford or two this guy is a grease under the finrger nails kinda guy and we go way back he very rarely exaggerates things so i think he really believes its a 1 of 1 car which reminds me of a time when we went to go look at a 440 gtx from the local paper and when we get there we notice it has torque boxes and it leads us to look at the vin and realize it has a j in the 5 digit location and he proceeds to do the honest thing and straight up tells the guy that it originally came with the hemi the guy calls BS and says that anyone who knows his ass from his elbow can tell that the car has a 440 in it so we get in an arguement with the guy and eventually buy it for the asking price of $1500 and drive it home!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Very nicely done, Chris... I tried to read that aloud with no pauses but will have to admit that I had to come up for air... :lol:

Tell your buddy I'll give him double what he paid for the X... :D

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Very nicely done, Chris... I tried to read that aloud with no pauses but will have to admit that I had to come up for air... :lol:

I need oxygen after reading that one!!!! :jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

Well Ray, there is a funny story behind that too. Funny now but not then. See when he bought the car he promised me first dibbs on it when he sold it. So I see the car in a shop in another part of town with a Hemi in it and primered. I call him and say hey congrats on putting the Hemi and i thought you were going to give a proper resto, he says oh I dont own it anymore. :brickwall: I say what happened to first dibbs? He says you dont that POS it had a lot of rust. I waned to reach through the phone and punch him! Oh well he got $4500 for it as a roller. He is also the guy who parted out my 68 Runner (before I bought it) since it was rough and he thought it wasn't worth saving. That car had no rust but had been dragged extensively round the shop on its frame rails and punched in the perfect rust free quarters by his son in law driving a fork lift! Shoulda seen his face as I drove up in that thing at the MATS in 2005. You would of thought he seen a ghost! I think he did! Now-a-days we laugh at how much an ass hat he was, now we are cool. By the way the gray doors on the 68 are off the Hemi GTX.

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
That '68 looks like it would be some fun... :thumbsup:

What became of these two cars?

The race car is at Daves and is getting the Indy headed 440 in it. Should run bottom 10s maybe 9s. The other Roadrunner was the 6 day car and it ran mid 13s stock at 101 mph! I love that car. It is now in the hands of a guy who decided to buy a car that reminds him of a 68 Satellite that he had in high school. Its now painted and looking pretty good. I am happy its in a place where someone is showing it some love. :cheers:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
...and black no less... :worship:

That thing is wicked looking...I just love black on a B-Body...

MoparREG

Reaction score
My father was a Chrysler/Plymouth dealer in 1969 in Central Illinois. My mother drove a "demo", Bahama yellow Roadrunner convertible. Ours was an auto on the floor. I located one with Illinois documentation at Aloha Engineering a couple years ago. It was owned at the time by someone in Arizona. I missed it and was told it was sold and went to California. Could this be the same car? Rick 309-335-4741

moparstuart

Reaction score
MoparREG said:
My father was a Chrysler/Plymouth dealer in 1969 in Central Illinois. My mother drove a "demo", Bahama yellow Roadrunner convertible. Ours was an auto on the floor. I located one with Illinois documentation at Aloha Engineering a couple years ago. It was owned at the time by someone in Arizona. I missed it and was told it was sold and went to California. Could this be the same car? Rick 309-335-4741
welcome

sparkey

Reaction score
welcome and that would be cool if it was the same car. My first car was a bahama yellow runner. I get excited when I see or hear about one that color. Like to see pictures of the rag top when its finished.

Back