• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

15 " rims

fugges

Reaction score
Hello,
my Runner got the org. 14" rims on, but on the built sheals is written that the Runner was ordered with 15" rims, but the owner didnt know anything about other rims,
he said that he alway had the 14" rims and he know the car since the first day.
Was it a possibility to order 15" rims instead of the normal 14" rims, or was it just a typing error?
If yes has someone a pictures of them, or can someone offer my 4 org. 15" rims?)
Armin

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
15" X 6" steel wheels came standard on the Hemi & A12-equipped cars...not sure if you could special order them on a 383 car or not...? I even looked in the reference section and couldn't find an answer to this question...maybe I just missed it...

A31PKG

Reaction score
The standard size wheel on a '69 383 Road Runner was 14x5.5....Could you post a copy of the build sheet? It would be interesting to see. I'm with Ray, not sure if 15" rims could have been special ordered or not. My initial thought is no....

fugges

Reaction score
I dont get the built sheet know!
The papers are all in the car, so we have to wait until it is in Germany then I can post a copie of it.
What is a W23 recall wheel car?
It is a RM23, so it is written on the bult sheet and on the titel!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
fugges said:
The papers are all in the car, so we have to wait until it is in Germany then I can post a copie of it.
RM23 is a medium grade 2dr hardtop which means its a roadrunner

moparstuart

Reaction score
fugges said:

the build sheet should have it on there , it would have to have been ordered and build before august or sept of 68 if I remember correctly . They were only availible a very short time before being recalled for the centers tearing out of them .

new repop recalls.jpg

fugges

Reaction score
I found something, here we go:

and here:

Merry christmas and all the best from Germany
:beep:

A31PKG

Reaction score
Hey Armin -
Your B.S. says 14" black stamped steel wheels with full wheel covers and red stripe tires. Although the pic of the window sticker says U65 for a F70x15 tire, I believe the sticker is not an original document. I say this because it is missing the dealer code at the top, and the sticker print date/origin codes at the bottom. It may just be a reproduction that was not printed correctly? Either way, you have a very nice car there! If you contact Triple A Window Stickers, they can make an accurate reproduction from your build sheet.

fugges

Reaction score
I like the optic of the original 14x5,5 steel wheels.
Is it possible to get the same steel wheels in 15x7 ?
I just need 2 of them, where can I get them?
Armin

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
If any of you guys receive Mopar Action, In the latest issue there is a really cool '69 Road Runner, 383 4spd, Green with white painted roof, with 15" wheels and wheelcovers..... They say it's original.

fugges

Reaction score
Ok, thanks to A31PKG. It is a exactly what I am looking for!!!
The 15x7" Older Style *(shot-blasted bare steel) looks more less like the org. 69 rr rims, just bigger!
I will take two of them with 245 or 255 for the rear end, in front I will leave the org. 14" with 205.
I am sure, it will look phenomenal,:)

fugges

Reaction score
somebody knows the backspace of the org. 14x5,5" rims?

fugges

Reaction score
and nobody knows the backspace of the org.stell wheels?
Thanks Armin

Back