• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Newport 2dr ht

rkb2

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Hoping some of you Mopar guru's can help me out. I haven't got pictures yet but will if needed. I just traded an old boat that I was more than over for a 64 Chrysler Newport 2dr hardtop. It has a 361 engine with the 727 push button auto. I drove home almost 300 miles and it got better than 20 MPG. The thing runs great and has no rust through anywhere and very little surface rust. It is bone stock with the trunk cardboard, jack etc in place original interior although the top of the back seat is gone. and the only thing wrong is a small dent and some chrome missing around the grill. I have never found a car this old this clean and wondered if there is a market for it. I only traded as I could not sell the boat I had and needed the money to work on my RR. Its a great old car but like I said want to get the bird finished and out of cash. Any idea what I should ask for it??? I checked Ebay and could only find wagons. Any thoughts ?? Thanks Ron :lock:

rkb2

Reaction score
So you think around that or are the 300's worth a little more or less. These cars I know nothing about. I couldn't get 3500 for the boat I traded for so any more than that would be a good start. Obviously the more the better but I'm probably not going to wait until prices go up. I want to get my RR done before next summer if possible.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I'd say both Chryslers are worth more than that. But aside from the economy, the Holidays aren't the best time to sell a car. Maybe hold out for one of the Chrysler classics, The Nats, list them on the 'parts(got lots of responses there, way more than MCG)

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I'd say both Chryslers are worth more than that. But aside from the economy, the Holidays aren't the best time to sell a car. Maybe hold out for one of the Chrysler classics, The Nats, list them on the 'parts(got lots of responses there, way more than MCG)
what he said :thumbsup:

Back