• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Roadrunner For Sale ~ In California SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxam

Reaction score
I am listing this 1968 Plymouth Road Runner for a neighbor. He has had it a little under two years.
He really loves the car, but it fits within an inch in his garage and just isn't practical. His wife says sell it and you can buy a 'Cuda or Challenger. :banana:
The person he purchased the car from was going to make it a very mild 'pro street' style car. Hence the skinny/fat tire combo. The previous owner installed the Wilwood front disk kit, Mopar aluminum master cylinder, Hurst line-lock and new brake lines. He also rebuilt the front suspension & K-member. My neighbor intended to do a complete cosmetic restoration and either keep it mild or very close to stock. The engine is a 383 of unknown origin. It runs well, makes good power and does not smoke. It has an electronic ignition, Holley 3310 750 cfm carb and Performer intake. It has a recent exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers. The column shift 727 was rebuilt less than 100 miles ago (have receipt) and has an 11" converter. The 8 3/4" has a 3:91 ratio with Sure Grip. The car has no fender tag. The car needs a complete interior. It comes with original carpet, two front buckets, a rear bench of unknown origin and that’s about it. Some of the wiring needs to be connected for the dash, etc. My neighbor had a BRAND NEW fuel tank and fuel sending unit installed (have $850 receipt for that). Now for the best part ~ my neighbor just had it painted. He also had the bumpers rechromed. The car is black and quite straight. This was about a $4000 paint/body job. Beep-Beep horn accounted for & working. Asking $15k. Car is located in Southern California. You can PM me with questions. I can send more pictures, a short video of the car running and more contact info.

moparstuart

Reaction score
Re: 1968 Roadrunner For Sale ~ In California

Maxxam said:
I am listing this 1968 Plymouth Road Runner for a neighbor. He has had it a little under two years.
He really loves the car, but it fits within an inch in his garage and just isn't practical. His wife says sell it and you can buy a 'Cuda or Challenger. :banana:
The person he purchased the car from was going to make it a very mild 'pro street' style car. Hence the skinny/fat tire combo. The previous owner installed the Wilwood front disk kit, Mopar aluminum master cylinder, Hurst line-lock and new brake lines. He also rebuilt the front suspension & K-member. My neighbor intended to do a complete cosmetic restoration and either keep it mild or very close to stock. The engine is a 383 of unknown origin. It runs well, makes good power and does not smoke. It has an electronic ignition, Holley 3310 750 cfm carb and Performer intake. It has a recent exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers. The column shift 727 was rebuilt less than 100 miles ago (have receipt) and has an 11" converter. The 8 3/4" has a 3:91 ratio with Sure Grip. The car has no fender tag. The car needs a complete interior. It comes with original carpet, two front buckets, a rear bench of unknown origin and that’s about it. Some of the wiring needs to be connected for the dash, etc. My neighbor had a BRAND NEW fuel tank and fuel sending unit installed (have $850 receipt for that). Now for the best part ~ my neighbor just had it painted. He also had the bumpers rechromed. The car is black and quite straight. This was about a $4000 paint/body job. Beep-Beep horn accounted for & working. Asking $15k. Car is located in Southern California. You can PM me with questions. I can send more pictures, a short video of the car running and more contact info.
welcome

Maxxam

Reaction score

moparstuart said:
Maxxam said:
welcome

Thanks ~ I hope my neighbors RR finds a good home to finish what he started. I had a bunch of cars in the past and am still hanging on to a 'vette, but its tough with full time work and kids. I miss my '68 Coronet R/T. :yesnod:

moparchris

Reaction score

Hey thats my old Roadrunner. I sold it to him. I am sad to see he wants to sell, he seemed pretty excited when he bought it from me. I can vouch for the condition of the car if anyone is interested. Before it was painted it was original paint. Red originally with gray interior. 383 auto column shift car, 391 suregrip. The car ran 13.70s at 101mph at sea level and was my daily driver and weekend bracket racer. I would drive this thing to New York tomorrow. The only patch work it had was the left lower quarter and trunk extension. The floors are perfect and it has its original trunk floor. Anyways good luck with the sale.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

Welcome to the board and good luck :beep:

Maxxam

Reaction score

moparchris said:
Hey thats my old Roadrunner. I sold it to him. I am sad to see he wants to sell, he seemed pretty excited when he bought it from me. I can vouch for the condition of the car if anyone is interested. Before it was painted it was original paint. Red originally with gray interior. 383 auto column shift car, 391 suregrip. The car ran 13.70s at 101mph at sea level and was my daily driver and weekend bracket racer. I would drive this thing to New York tomorrow. The only patch work it had was the left lower quarter and trunk extension. The floors are perfect and it has its original trunk floor. Anyways good luck with the sale.

Hi Chris,
I'll tell Mark you said hello. He really loves the car and has sunk quite a bit of money in it. How do you like her in black? Really straight body work, too. Unfortunately, it barely fits in the garage so its time for an E body.

Maxxam

Reaction score

69hemibeep said:
Welcome to the board and good luck :beep:

Thanks ~ great site ~ thank you for the hospitality. :cheers:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score

maxxam....welcome.....you should trade your vette for that sweet 68 roadrunner

Maxxam

Reaction score

george68hemirr said:
maxxam....welcome.....you should trade your vette for that sweet 68 roadrunner

Ha ~ love to but would need to build a bigger garage myself!

moparchris

Reaction score

Maxxam said:
moparchris said:

Hi Chris,
I'll tell Mark you said hello. He really loves the car and has sunk quite a bit of money in it. How do you like her in black? Really straight body work, too. Unfortunately, it barely fits in the garage so its time for an E body.
Thanks, Mark and I occasionally email back and forth. That's why I was kinda shocked to see it for sale. I think he needs a bigger garage!

Maxxam

Reaction score

Still available & open to any reasonable offers ~ surely someone has a home for this black beauty.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

moparchris said:
Hey thats my old Roadrunner.

I thought that looked familiar...since you posted pics of it just a coupe of weeks ago... :D

Welcome aboard, Maxxam!

:jester:

Maxxam

Reaction score

ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:
Hey thats my old Roadrunner.

I thought that looked familiar...since you posted pics of it just a coupe of weeks ago... :D

Welcome aboard, Maxxam!

:jester:

Thanks ~ The Roadrunner is still available........

Maxxam

Reaction score

Still for sale ~ Make an offer!

Maxxam

Reaction score

Yes, sorry if I forgot to mark this sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back