• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Frankenrunner needs help

rockdog2112

Reaction score
Hello folks,
So far Ive learned that my 69 has a 66 440 engine and a Chrysler electronic ignition with the "orange" box. It appears to have a voltage regulator that is 1970 or newer. The engine harness is a disaster. I want to replace it but I have no idea what year harness to look at. Any ideas? Make my own? Where could I find connectors? Thanks.

Rocket

Reaction score
This one... https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-b-body/hu197bm

Part Number:HU197BM
Engine harness modified for electronic ignition and updated alternator for all 1969 B-body models with 383 or 440 engines without Six Pack. reproduction.
Reproduction harness requires the use of the 1970-and-later style alternator and electronic voltage regulator. If using an aftermarket electronic ignition system, our manufacturer suggests that a reproduction harness for point ignition would be a better starting point. Use this harness for plug & play termination of a Chrysler electronic ignition system.

Last edited:

Rocket

Reaction score
The "middle man" charges less then... even better deal if you catch a 25% off sale.

Yearone doesn't sell evanswiring harnesses, they sell M&H http://www.wiringharness.com/chrysler.htm.

I hear good things about both...I bought mine from Yearone with the discount and am happy with the product.

Evanswiring - 68/69 B Body (small or big block)
electronic ignition $110.00

YEARONE Price: $105.99 with 25% off just over $79

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The "middle man" charges less then... even better deal if you catch a 25% off sale.

Yearone doesn't sell evanswiring harnesses, they sell M&H http://www.wiringharness.com/chrysler.htm.

I hear good things about both...I bought mine from Yearone with the discount and am happy with the product.

The discounts generally don't apply to wire harnesses but you can try.

droptop

Reaction score
Harold, have you tried that, its my understanding that year one has an exclusive agreement with Evans ?

They were at Carlisle this year, and I bought an under hood wiring harness for the GTX (points ignition) ..85 bucks if I recall. They are 95 on their web site. The only harness they do not offer is under dash.

droptop

Reaction score

And then you have to add in their over inflated shipping charges. YO will never get another penny from me, and I will do negative advertising for them any time I can.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
And then you have to add in their over inflated shipping charges. YO will never get another penny from me, and I will do negative advertising for them any time I can.

That's how they pay for the free returns LOL

Rocket

Reaction score
Use TREAT14 in the next three days and get 30% off... That makes it just over $74 and the shipping for me was under $14. I tried it and it went through.

haters-gonna-hate-06.jpg

haters-gonna-hate-06.jpg

moparchris

Reaction score
Year one sells M&H harnesses. They are far superior to the Evans harnesses. Just google problems with Evans and you will see that there are a lot of unhappy people out there with substandard harnesses. I used an M&H on my Bee and it fit and functioned exactly as the original. There were a couple of very minor differences so if your going the OE judged route then NOS is the way to go. M&H won't sell you a harness outside of Yearone. They are about 20 miles from me and I tried the direct route.

pro-streeter

Reaction score
Evens is a great product. M&H also great, does the YO as stated. I have used both and I do have to give M&H A+ for service after the sale. They will not sell direct to the public however they do answer all the technical questions I have had. Can't go wrong either way IMO

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
now what fun would an old car be if someone hadn't hacked up the wiring?

rockdog2112

Reaction score
Mine was a ball of spaghetti. I had never seen so many solderless connectors under one hood in my life. It's real pretty now.

Back