• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1969 Plymouth Road Runner 6.3L 383 V8 Manual 4-SPD Air Grabber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petroleum1

Reaction score
Awesome car and its cool the seller says block is date correct but shouldnt there be partial vin numbers on the block too if totally numbers matching?? repro fender tag...yikes

Last edited:

V.R.D

Reaction score
Awesome car and its cool the seller says block is date correct but shouldnt there be partial vin numbers on the block too if totally numbers matching?? repro fender tag...yikes
yes the vin or part of the vin would be on the side of engine block or a vin that is there will tell what it came from. unless it was a replacement warranty block witch would have no hand stamped markings. .

Roadtrip

Reaction score
Big bids there. Numbers matching? Fender tag says Q5 but that sure looks red to me?

Petroleum1

Reaction score
I
Big bids there. Numbers matching? Fender tag says Q5 but that sure looks red to me?
I asked the seller...why would you do this meticulous and fabulous restoration only to change the original color (Q5) and the factory pewter interior then make up a fake fender tag to match?? He came back with the fact that the car looks better now and he has turned down north of 100k several times. I am amazed where the bidding went north of 90k on ebay and did not meet reserve. I have never seen a restored 383 RR get anywhere near that but i still think the original color and interior with the original fender tag would have been the better presentation.

Roadtrip

Reaction score
I

I asked the seller...why would you do this meticulous and fabulous restoration only to change the original color (Q5) and the factory pewter interior then make up a fake fender tag to match?? He came back with the fact that the car looks better now and he has turned down north of 100k several times. I am amazed where the bidding went north of 90k on ebay and did not meet reserve. I have never seen a restored 383 RR get anywhere near that but i still think the original color and interior with the original fender tag would have been the better presentation.
I was thinking the same thing. about how high it went. Which if real brings mine to a whole new perspective for me as to what mine is worth and can get. My car is essentially the same as this one on level of resto but in fact mine is done more correctly as I retained the original Q5 paint and black interior as per my tag, and have the right wheels and redline bias tires for it too, also won’t see an orange box firing the ignition mine. As this one, every piece on my car is numbers matching, including primer under belly with over spray. Uncle bought it new.

‘’all this of course if the bids weren’t bullshit and fake done by friends and family. Only 3 bidders too.

if you link to his video it shows a nicely done car - the dash which has a noticeable big flaw in it was kind of unusual to see when everything else was done fairly well.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Bunch of bs if it bid that high and didn’t meet reserve. That’s pretty front street about who you are dealing with.

im confused about the numbers matching. That looks like a lynch road tag and the block doesn’t look warranty to me. Vin stamp looks to be uniform font and in a line like it was done in a jig. The ones that look restamped to me have a digit here or there altered looking.

color change seems a miss here since it was a nut and bolt car. You do red on a hot rodded green car coming back to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back