• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1969 Plymouth Road Runner "A12"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadtrip

Reaction score
Cool for me to see that car. Mine was purchased new at the same dealer, Johnston Motors. Still have the metal dealer tag too. Not sure if I’d ever put it on like they did. Sure wish I could find records for That dealer

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Now who would have thought a runner would be priced at that much. It is a swell looking car but it is just a car. Now if a famous person owned it or something like that I could under stand that asking price. Yes his title is a good one bringmemoney. Think I will stick with this old runner and finish it and hope to get out with my shirt on. Figure to have about 30 grand in it when done. :beep:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's Dave Watt's old A12. Sold last month @ Mecum for $60,500 ($55K + 10% commission). Most people thought that it would hammer somewhere around the $100K mark but the market is soft because of this Coronavirus bullshit. Somebody must think that the market has miraculously recovered in a month and is trying to make a quick and substantial profit...

Roadtrip

Reaction score
How does EBay work exactly? In that I’m wondering what commission you’d have to pay on that sale? Maybe the seller is fishing and would take an offer for what he has into it to get out from under the car in weird economic times. Mecum auction ended a few days before all the sheet hit the fan with covid.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the metal plate on the left side of the deck lid?
Per Dave Watt himself from the A12 Registry:

"Mr. Smith sent me photos of the car when new. Also, the dealership owners sent me original newspaper advertisements and a brand new Johnston Motors emblem, there was a box of them leftover even though the business closed in the mid ‘70’s. The new emblem has been placed back on the car using the original mounting holes in the trunklid."

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Probably sold it outside of e-bay. Some will use it for advertising with a high number and try to work a deal on the side.

Roadtrip

Reaction score
Per Dave Watt himself from the A12 Registry:

"Mr. Smith sent me photos of the car when new. Also, the dealership owners sent me original newspaper advertisements and a brand new Johnston Motors emblem, there was a box of them leftover even though the business closed in the mid ‘70’s. The new emblem has been placed back on the car using the original mounting holes in the trunklid."

it’s where my Johnston badge was too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back