• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner Convertible PROJECT

chapdog105

Reaction score
My 1969 Roadrunner Convertible Project
I've had this car for a long time. The car needs a BIG hug, and I'm ready to put my arms around it. I'm currently working on getting it stripped down to metal, so I can take it to blast. I have the doors, fenders, and hood. The interior is in pretty good shape. I'll need very little repair done to the vinyl seats.
I will keep you guys updated, and I'm sure I will need plenty of advice and expertise along the way.

Alex

DSCN3600.jpg

DSCN3599.jpg

DSCN3597.jpg

DSCN3596.jpg

DSCN3593.jpg

DSCN3592.jpg

DSCN3589.jpg

DSCN3588.jpg

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
looks like it will buff right out....ha......looks like a great project......whats your plans???.....are you doing the work or are you going to pay somebody to build it for you???shes going to be sweet when shes all done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice Project. Looks almost finished compared to what Harold decided to start with... :D

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Looks like the interior is all there, are you doing the metal work? I farmed mine out.

moparchris

Reaction score
Hey Alex,

Sweet! Its gonna be awesome when its done. Keep us updated with a lot of pics.

Chris

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Nice Project. Looks almost finished compared to what Harold decided to start with... :D

ACME
That looks like quite a project there, good luck. An Ray? I was thinking the same thing. This project is easy compared to what Harold has on his hands!

droptop

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:

ACME
That looks like quite a project there, good luck. An Ray? I was thinking the same thing. This project is easy compared to what Harold has on his hands!

If it was easy, anyone could do it. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Like we say at work, "The difficult we do everyday. The impossible only takes a few more days."

mcmopar

Reaction score
Those front seats look to be in good shape - even if they are from a 70 or later model. Looks like you've got your work cut out for you. Take your time and do it up right. It will be a very sweet ride when finished. :thumbsup:

chapdog105

Reaction score
UPDATE....
I got the car just about ready to go to the blast shop over the weekend.
What a busy weekend...we pulled the steering column, dash (and EVERYTHING with it), driver and pass rear glass and mechanics, pulled the motor, dropped the trans (first time ever doing that!), removed the windshield and trim, and I'm sure a lot more I can't think of right now.
There's about 5 or so hours of stripping left.
I'm hoping to have it off to blast by the end of the week, and then straight to the body shop for quarters and repair.
I took a ton of pics, but still need to upload.
I will be adding a lot of pics from the strip down and what it looks like after blast.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I just looked back at your first pics and I have garage envy, I liked the little tikes kitchen to cook on :lmao:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I just looked back at your first pics and I have garage envy, I liked the little tikes kitchen to cook on :lmao:

Thinking about firing up some corndogs, Bob? :lol:

It'll be interesting to see what comes back from the blaster...they always seem to find the stuff that you are hoping that they won't... :leave:

chapdog105

Reaction score
Unfortunately I have a lot more kids toys than I do tools. So I moved the car to my brothers house...

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
I hope your kids have the toys ,and not you! :jester: kinda freaky Hon going to the garage to play :lol:

chapdog105

Reaction score
Ut oh...
I was grabbing some parts to take to the media blaster when my clumsy ass kicked the seat in this sub arctic Michigan winter. The back plastic of front passenger seat (see pic) cracked in the middle about 6 inches or so at the bottom.
Is this repairable?? I've never had to have anything plastic fixed before.
McMopar suggested that these are not the original front seats anyway. You guys know a lot more about these cars than I do.
It surprises me that the original owner would have switched out the front seats considering that everything was original on the car. I assumed the seats would be too.
I'm super pissed right now. Someone tell me this can be fixed...or that there's a replacement piece out there on the cheap.

Alex

droptop

Reaction score
Don't sweat it. I believe they are GM seats any way. Original bucket seats are still available, but can be a bit pricey.

Back