• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner

wilson69

Reaction score
I just purchased a 69 (Lynch Road)Roadrunner. I have the original build sheet and the fender tag. I have most of the stuff decoded, however I could use some help on a few items. 1- the build date is A 18 and I can't find how to decode that. 2- trim code is M6T which I think is medium vinyl bucket seats that are tan. 3- the transmission code on the fender tag is 595, I can't find that anywhere. 4- there are two numbers on the top of the fender tag before the 9A150753 vehicle ID number. They are as follows- 05149 149041. Can anyone assist?

HD539

Reaction score
Welcome from Washington State.

A18 is October 18th
M6T (not sure I believe you are correct)
I believe 595 is the axle code, 3.23 suregrip, 8 3/4, 11” drum brakes front and back

I believe the last question regarding the 5 digit and 6 digit numbers are the gate and line sequence numbers.

wilson69

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Where do you find the build date info? I have searched a few sites but did not find that info. The axel code matches the info on the build sheet. Do you know what the 5 and 6 digit numbers stand for?

HD539

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Where do you find the build date info? I have searched a few sites but did not find that info. The axel code matches the info on the build sheet. Do you know what the 5 and 6 digit numbers stand for?
The 5 digit number is the gate series code. 1st 2 digits are the gate used and the last 3 are number of cars that passed thru the gate.

The 6 digit number is the line sequence number, supposed to be fairly close to the VIN.

I got the information out of Wes’s 69 roadrunner book.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome. Build date follows a simple format. First digit is the month (1-9 is Jan. through Sept. and A-C is Oct. through Dec.) and the second two digits are the day of that month.

M6T is tan vinyl bucket seats.

69_Belvedere0014.jpg

droptop

Reaction score
Initially, the regulation for 1968-1969 required lights or reflectors, which is why some cars in 1968 had amber lights in front and red reflectors in the rear (1968 Ford Motor Company cars, for example). Chrysler vehicles used lights in 1968 and reflectors (on most models) for 1969. This regulation was later amended to require lights and reflectors on all vehicles made on January 1, 1970 or later, which is why most lines had changes to their side marker lights for the 1970 model year.

Big D A12

Live Fast!!
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Would you mind sharing your broadcast sheet with us? There are a lot of number junkies here that would appreciate it.

D

Reaction score
Build date 3 characters

1st character
1 through 9 = Jan through Sept
1 = Jan
2 = Feb etc.
Oct = A
Nov = B
Dec = C

next 2 characters = day of that month
02 = the 2nd
13 = the 13th etc.

Back