• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 RR Steering Wheel

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
wouldn't mind seeing that Terraplane..... :red2:
and I'd love to have a Chrysler from the '30s-'40s. Like a '38/9 Plymouth Business Coupe, or a '55 New Yorker like Dad had. But like many, there's the $,place to put it,time for another toy car. And stock, not hot rodded.

jays69bird

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
wouldn't mind seeing that Terraplane..... :red2:
and I'd love to have a Chrysler from the '30s-'40s. Like a '38/9 Plymouth Business Coupe, or a '55 New Yorker like Dad had. But like many, there's the $,place to put it,time for another toy car. And stock, not hot rodded.
to quote the great Charlton Heston fron "The Ten Commandments".."your wish is my will "

100_0375.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that is beautiful! :drool: got any more mr Heston?(fantastic actor BTW) what's under the hood?
my father in law had a '41 Chevy 2 door. When my wife's grandmother passed, they lost storage for it, and my mother in law wanted it gone since my father in law had passed by then. I woulda loved to have kept it, but no place for it at the time, and I'm so thankful it wasn't in my garage when it burned. It had a straight six, the manifold had been split, with duakls and glass packs. I got it running for him when I first came in thw family. It had been sitting about 10 years, and he got to drive it a few more times before his health got bad.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
droptop said:
I like Chargers, too. As long as the're not orange with a big 01 on the door. :leave:
:yeathat: You got that right Harold! they're getting like Model A's, you seen one you've seen them all!! :yesnod:

:yeathat:

Big F likes them...but he's pretty much flying solo amongst this group... :lol:

:jester:

w8kbrder

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I like the 68-69 combo on your driver, best of both cars :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone! My dad had a '67 GTO in college and as a kid, I always loved seeing pictures of it. Something about classic cars between the years 1966 and 1972 have always caught my attention. My first classic was a '68 Impala that I bought off a kid in college for $600. Of course it was a four door with the 327, but the interior was all original and perfect....same with the outside. I think I was the only kid with a daily driver that old. But it just really appealed to me...driving a piece of history....a rolling piece of art so to speak. Nothing better than getting inside and experiencing that smell...the carb/exhaust. Love it. Been hooked ever since. Plus the sound of these cars...you just can't get that sound out of a modern car. Plus my wife likes to drive them around as well. She says it feels like being a celebrity. :)

Fords/Chevys were easy to find. But when I decided to see if I could pursue the Mopar route, I quickly discovered you usually have to have deep pockets to afford one because A.) they are already completely restored, or B.) They are a rusted shell with no motor and the person is asking $7000 for it. Its rare to find an in-between driver that is in good driveable/presentable shape, but not completely restored, all the while being sold for a reasonable price.

That blue Charger was my first Mopar. I just happened to pass it in a small town below winston-salem, NC. The guy had it for 33 years. He wanted to give it to his 18 year old son, but the son had no interest in it whatsoever. I bought it for $4500. At that point I realized it still was possible to find old Dodge/Plymouth at a reasonable price...I just had to be patient and look harder. The Charger sat for 4 years without running. I figured even if the engine was locked up, it would still be worth it. Put in a new gas tank & lines, new radiator, waterpump, spark plugs, and carb. Fired right up and runs perfect.

My two ultimate cars to ever own in my life are a '69 Dodge Charger and a '69 Plymouth Roadrunner. 1 down, 1 to go. I thought late 60's dodges were hard to find....well Plymouths are even harder! So I'll be super excited to get my Roadrunner should it all work out.

Sorry for the novel.....but I enjoy talking with everyone in the Mopar family. Love to hear the stories and see the rare finds. Too bad I wasn't older in the 1980s. Apparently these cars were a dime a dozen according to some of my older friends. One buddy is 67. He had a Superbird and a Hemi Charger at the same time back in the 80s. Sold the Hemi Charger in the 80's for $6500 and sold the Superbird in the early 90's for around 10k...maybe $9500. He shows me all of his old pictures. Just incredible.

w8kbrder

Reaction score
jays69bird said:
Roadcuda said:
dobie said:
Welcome to the site. Very nice Chargers! I see in your other post that you're 33 yrs old..... Nice to have another "young guy" around, as Im 34 myself.

:devil:
I think it's great to have younger guys like you two that are into these cars. If the guys like you can get more guys in your age group interested in these cars then we can be sure that our favorite cars will be on the road for a long time to come!
This is the key to our cars being around long after we are...I have my dad's 36 Terraplane ( made by Hudson) but to be blunt other than me who grew up with them you don't too many guys in there mid 40's who are into 30's cars ( unless they are a street rod). That's why you see mint Model A roadsters going for say 15000 dollars now,because the guys who loved and cherished these cars are gone. I would hate to see a fate like that befall our Roadrunners.

I'm sure these cars will not fade out mainly due to the movie industry. Movies to this day continue to feature old cars that makes kids question..what is that? I could name off several movies that feature Chargers, Challengers, Roadrunners, etc. Even fast food commercials like KFC make it cool to a younger generation to want a classic muscle car.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah they're still out there. and not everyone wants big $$ for rustry junk. but it does seem there are more like that sometimes. and with the 'net cars and the parts are way easier to find.

jays69bird

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
that is beautiful! :drool: got any more mr Heston?(fantastic actor BTW) what's under the hood?
my father in law had a '41 Chevy 2 door. When my wife's grandmother passed, they lost storage for it, and my mother in law wanted it gone since my father in law had passed by then. I woulda loved to have kept it, but no place for it at the time, and I'm so thankful it wasn't in my garage when it burned. It had a straight six, the manifold had been split, with duakls and glass packs. I got it running for him when I first came in thw family. It had been sitting about 10 years, and he got to drive it a few more times before his health got bad.
It has a flat head 6 212 cid,3"bore by 5" stroke,Hudson used this motor right up til 1948 when they came out with the 262 which was the basis for the famous 308 cid twin carb motor in the Hornet.

Back