• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 runner with 383 motor

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey bird fan's. I know but got another question yes it is Russ69Runner. Have my motor running better once I got the carb to keep the car running set the timing by ear. Looked for timing plate it's gone so I ordered one. Dose any one know where it is located on my 69 383 motor. The one I ordered is held on with the timing cover bolt's. Well I fell stupid but like most old car's someone broke them off or forgot to put it back on. I see that in some searches done show's left side under alternator. Well got to clean off the old harmonic balance and paint my mark's. It sound's like it might have a little hotter cam in it. Just want to get the timing right and move on from their. Thank yall for any info so far every one is grate in helping me. I have forgotten a lot but still like the old point system's at least you can work on them. Got to run See Ya.

quikbird

Reaction score
Pointer is on passenger side of timing cover and held on by two of the ,lower bolts. Lots of photos on site somewhere that will show you where exactly.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey thanks from me. Well thing's getting closer quickbird. Got my parking brake assembly out of Alabama kind of rusty so going to soak it in my vinegar and water bath. Clean it and put Rust restore on it by Rust-Oleum have used it and on My old tractor and other rusted lawn mower I restored. This stop rust. Then I will paint the assembly black. Well thanks for the help. Got to go.

Back