• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 survivor, question of value?

A31PKG

Reaction score
The 40-50K valuation for an in-tact, unmolested, & untouched survivor is in the ballpark IMO. Especially when you consider desirable paperwork & options.

Reaction score
That is quite the machine. Thanks for sharing the story and the pics.
Sorry for the loss of your Dad. I am sure the car is a great memory of him. I couldn't imagine parting with it either.

Dave

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Have a look at Mecum.com, you can browse through all their past auctions. Find a few cars of similar spec and originality, and note the sale price. Probably as close to a real-life figure as youre gonna get.

vsteel

Reaction score
I think I am going to set it to 60K and call it good. Really as stated earlier in the thread, no matter how nice the replacement might be if something happened it would never be the car I grew up in and so to me it is priceless. I can't afford to insure it for infinity so I will have to set a value and hope I never have to file a claim.

On a side note the car was called tut tut. It was named that because when I was 3 or so dad started the car and it made a tut tut sound. After that I called the car tut tut. That is what the Mopar started sounded like to my young ears.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
You have memories that can't be replaced so to you there is more value than any buyer. Maybe its a keeper!

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
I thought it was Tut because of it's golden color and you studdered.
The color and no vinyl top adds at least a million dollars to the value....in my book.

vsteel

Reaction score
LOL, no, nothing so deep, I was 3 so just the simple things. Though I do like the way you think. I like not having a vinyl top as well. :)

Back