• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969beepbeep Intro

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I just put front and rear AMD bumpers on mine from Jeff @ 521. I am extremly pleased with the look and finish.
roadcuda got aftermarket tail lights bezels, not sure from who.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I just put front and rear AMD bumpers on mine from Jeff @ 521. I am extremly pleased with the look and finish.
roadcuda got aftermarket tail lights bezels, not sure from who.
I got them from BE&A parts. They look great. The only problem I had was that I needed washers between the body mounting area and the mounting lugs because they were shorter then the originals and when I screwed them in instead of sitting flush with the edge of the body the bezel sat about an 1/8" inside of the body edge. Other then that they are a good fit.

1969beepbeep

Reaction score
Thanks for all the information on bumpers, grille, and tail light bezels! Christmas is coming early for me this year.

cj69RR

Reaction score
Welcome. I would use some por-15 to protect your convertible parts. Durable and keeps things from rusting.

moparmonk

Reaction score
Corrosion on convertibles?

Welcome from Maine! Could you give some more detail on the corrosion near the metal that your referring to? I am not sure what you mean... Welcome to the site. Some incredibly cool and knowledgable people on this site.

RR Convertible 112413.jpg

1969beepbeep

Reaction score
Welcome from Maine! Could you give some more detail on the corrosion near the metal that your referring to? I am not sure what you mean... Welcome to the site. Some incredibly cool and knowledgable people on this site.

I am referring to the stainless steel trim that is placed along the opening for convertible top that basically rubs against the cloth top. I did not see the corrosion until I removed the stainless steel trim and then found that the groove for mounting the trim was rusted away. However, looking at the corrosion on that convertible located in Maine makes me feel petty about discussing corrosion under my trim. My convertible came from Arizona and was mostly rust free except lower quarters, trunk seal channel, and trunk floor. Too bad for me that previous owner used a ball peen hammer on the quarter panels to make room for layering on new patch panels.

MsBeep

Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta, Canada. That thumbnail from moparmonk would have scared the corrosion out from under your trim:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Harlod's rather ....rough convertible project....

8.jpg

Last edited:

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
69beepbeep welcome to PRR forum from another Californian

Back