• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 440 Aluminum or Cast Six Barrel Intake Manifold

WWheeler

Reaction score
I have just been moving my six pack iron intake around the shop. OMG is that thing heavy! 70 - 80 lbs? Yes, aluminum is the way to go.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Don't know what your age is but the older we get the heavier thing's get. Trying to get my differential in and had to buy some dollies from HF to roll it into the paint booth. But doing things like this don't have to go to a gym to work out.

Rich B

Reaction score
Was what, maybe 21 years ago bought a brick lined wood stove from neighbor. Wheeled it around back with dolly, how do I get it through bulkhead to basement? Well took base off, emptied all the bricks out and could pick up the pieces and reassemble. Next month was the Ice Storm ‘98, talk about timing.

Only have half my left biceps these days, cramps up pretty easy. That was back to my weight-lifters days, never lift over 300lbs. with arms fully straightened. And I never knew lmao. No one’s going to watch out for you but- you.

Be careful out there, it’s an unforgiving planet...... Too, the lighter the car, the faster it is. So I bought a spare tire for other car (had pump & slime), what was I thinking?

Last edited:

Rich B

Reaction score
D6E0044D-0D96-4BB9-9B90-54DAD461AC31.jpeg This is related yet kinda different. Photo of Road Runner engine 2013. Note hi-rise manifold with long tube runners (hidden under cowling), 84.5MM throttle body (stock is 80MM), has 4 camshafts and shorty tri-y headers from factory. Develops supposedly 444 net horsepower and the majority can cover 1/4 mile- sub 12 second and that’s missing shift. Drag slicks will take it into 11 second 1/4 mile. High RPM, upwards of 7K. Not doing it with mine however.

It’s OK I suppose, and definitely staying in context of forum. Just thinking of things......

Rich B

Reaction score
Thanks quikbird, didn’t mean to imply racing my car, just won’t do it these days. But following the forums, articles/write-ups on the subject and such, more than a few are doing the times. But even 8 years later, things are still even more way advanced. My days have come and gone very quickly, not even attempting to keep up. They have problems also, especially the trannys which are made in China. The Ford racing decal is because I have the Trakey, supposed to be there for emissions testing. Not done at all in my county as yet.

Last edited:
Back