• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Roadrunner rear lap belts seat belts

Ritchie Valens

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone know if 1971 Plymouth Roadrunners came with rear center seat lap belts only? I'm looking to put seatbelts in my rear seats but usually only one other persons sits in the back and they tend to sit in the middle of the rear seats.

So thought I could save some money but only installing one center seat belt lap belt versus left and right seatbelts. Or should I get all three left, center, and right installed all at once?

What do you guys think? Also, if I only did the center seat, do I need to get a bracket for install?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Sorry Ritchie don't know the answer to that one. Only put in two lap belts in the back of my 69 Runner. Had a 73 charger think it only had the two sets of belts in the back. Think that call is up to you buddy.

Ritchie Valens

Reaction score
Thanks Russ!! I'm a newer RR owner for about a year now and I was naive about how hard it can be to find parts.

I found out there is no center mounting hole. I'll have to do left and right. Just gotta find a set (which is not easy so far!)

My 69 Chevelle was much easier for parts! Hahaha But don't get me wrong, I'm loving my RR much more!

Do you have any advice on where I can find a good set of rear lap belts with the mounting hardware? I guess the hunt is part of the fun!! Thanks again Russ...

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Found new on internet. They were made here in Fla. But had to order from a separate company. Got them PDQ. Price not bad. Due to covid they were behind on their orders, but things should be better now. I hope. Nice looking runner hope you get what you are looking for. May try Summit racing also.

Back