• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Road Runner or 1980 Road Runner

muffin

Reaction score
Hello, first post to this site.
Looking for a car to fix up to be my primary driver and narrowed it down to either a 1975 or 1980 Road Runner just can't decide.
I am going to put a new engine in so I don't want it to be based on that.
Just wondering if there are any issues with these years or is it just personal preference. I haven't seen them in person and that has changed my mind about cars before. Thanks for any advise.

Ian

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
member Droptop here has both years. Be a good one to ask questions to. Like Big said the '75s are rare, but share body parts with other models. The Volere based cars are rare too, but plenty of doner cars around. There is a '75 local to me, really sharpe car when done right.

gunnar

Reaction score
That's a good lookin car, too bad it's an automatic. Did they even have a manual in that year?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that '75 is sweet...or maybe it's just the Cragars......:acme::jester:

droptop

Reaction score
http://www.69roadrunner.net/mopar/sh...RR-List-Thread

Guess not to many people like the 75 and 80, but I think they look pretty killer.
I know they weren't "real" road runners but dropping a nice engine in them will do wonders.

Not sure what you mean about a real Road Runner. '75 still has the RM vin. Also, my 400 has been warmed up with '69 383 components. I will say it is no barn burner by any means, but I am not afraid to pull out in front of someone in traffic.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
http://www.69roadrunner.net/mopar/sh...RR-List-Thread

Guess not to many people like the 75 and 80, but I think they look pretty killer.
I know they weren't "real" road runners but dropping a nice engine in them will do wonders.

I don't think it's really that. You just have to remember this is a first generation Roadrunner based site. While some of us do like the other years, our favorites are 1968-1970.

Back