• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980 Road Runner

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. 9K miles and a BIN of less than $15K... Kind of surprising...JMHO

Harold, how does yours run & drive? Are they fun little cars?

droptop

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Wow. 9K miles and a BIN of less than $15K... Kind of surprising...JMHO

Harold, how does yours run & drive? Are they fun little cars?

We took it to the Mopar Nationals this year. Great driver. And the a/c was a welcome friend the entire weekend. I recently installed a power driver seat that greatly improved the comfort level for me. This is the only car that we have with a carb that my wife will drive. It always starts right up and never a hint of being cold natured. Just put it in gear and go.

jays69bird

Reaction score
I had an 80 Mirada which basically had the same underpinnings,I got from my mom who had bought it new,was a good car QC like most Chrysler products of the era left much to be desired.I notice these car places like this one always inflate prices on more mundane cars by riding the coat tails of cars like the Hemi Cudas and such to justify it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
They had a couple of those at desert valley auto parts the last time I wandered thru, need me to look for anything?

moparchris

Reaction score
My mom had a 77 Aspen 2 door that my parents bought new. It had a 360 four barrel and an automatic. Brown on brown and was glorious! It was impressive given its smogger nature. I was 11 when they sold it in 1984 and it would give our 383 4 speed Runner a better race than anything on the road at that time. A/C blew ice cubes as well, I kinda have a fondness for the f-bodies and I secretly peruse the ebay ads for the "right" one. I dont think I would pay that kind of money for it though, not that I dont think its worth it, its just more car than I am looking for. I would end up putting a 360 crate motor in it.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't think that price is so out of line. 9K miles, and minty looking, that thing is CLEAN!!!!

If I had the cash to blow, I would consider that car for sure.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
To be honest, I don't think that price is so out of line. 9K miles, and minty looking, that thing is CLEAN!!!!

If I had the cash to blow, I would consider that car for sure.

I've considered those cars myself, and I don't really think that price is that bad either. The question is with that low mileage, would it become a trailer queen, or would you drive it? I'd be driving it!

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Yeah, I would have to drive it too. I don't think I could ever own a trailer queen. To me, what's the use of owning a car you never drive?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Yeah, I would have to drive it too. I don't think I could ever own a trailer queen. To me, what's the use of owning a car you never drive?

You're speaking for me too, Harry. I don't give a sh*t what it is or how nice it is; the pinion snubber is going to be SLAMMING up against the floorboard... :lol:

Ma MoPar didn't build them to be museum pieces... :cents:

:jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
roadrunnerh said:

You're speaking for me too, Harry. I don't give a sh*t what it is or how nice it is; the pinion snubber is going to be SLAMMING up against the floorboard... :lol:

Ma MoPar didn't build them to be museum pieces... :cents:

:jester:

Careful you might offend someone. :facepalm:

moparchris

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Chris, one question......Is that the owner loading it or you stealing it? :lmao:

I would love to steal it but then the retaliation would be probably 10xs worse! :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
roadrunnerh said:
Chris, one question......Is that the owner loading it or you stealing it? :lmao:

I would love to steal it but then the retaliation would be probably 10xs worse! :lol:
Ive never been one to get even, I always get ahead :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
That picture looks like it might have been taken in front of Chris' house...except for the grass... :lol:

Back