• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1993 Sea Ray 200 BR Rebuild

69rrvert

Reaction score
I know it's not a Road Runner, but it's the only project that I have going right now. I acquired this jewel about three weeks ago. It is pretty much a hull with the consoles, motor, and outdrive on it. The interior is pretty much trashed, gone, or rotten and the motor was just about seized up. Things are going Ok for now because I am pretty much in the "search and destroy" mode. When I have to start shelling out money for parts and supplies, I will probably go into "creeper mode". Rather than post a bunch of pics and threads over here, I'll just provide a link to my rebuild thread on http://www.iboats.com. I'll try and post an update over here as progress moves forward. Is there anyone else on here that has a boat that is in pieces? If noone wants to read about a raggety ole boat, then feel free to delete the thread. Thanks, Steven

Link to my rebuild thread:
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=394334

Resized2.jpgResized7.jpg
Resized4.jpgResized6.jpg
Resized5.jpgResized3.jpg

moparchris

Reaction score
Ahhhh yes boats. A hole in the water in which you aimlessly throw money into. No really I love boat ownership and its quite fun once you have it all done. I restored a 1978 Kona Makai jet boat with a big block chevy in the late nineties. Actually it was one of the more enjoyable restos I have ever done. Good luck, I think you will really like the end result.

69rrvert

Reaction score
I have had several boats over the last 20 years, but this is my first rebuild. I guess if it gets to bad, I can literally pull the plug on it. A friend of mine named it the "Sea Hag". I guess I will go with that for now. Thanks, Steven

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
69rrvert said:
I have had several boats over the last 20 years, but this is my first rebuild. I guess if it gets to bad, I can literally pull the plug on it. A friend of mine named it the "Sea Hag". I guess I will go with that for now. Thanks, Steven
Steven, whats it powered by? Looks like quite a project :thumbsup:

69rrvert

Reaction score
It has a 305 Chevy Mercruiser. I finally got the engine cranked up and it seems to run ok, but I am going to go ahead and pull it to freshen it up. I just sold a 383 stroker motor that I had in my garage for several years. I wish I would have known this was coming in my future. Maybe I can up the compression a little and do a cam swap to get a little more out of it. I have a complete 383 Mopar that was in the Road Runner. It is complete from the oil pan to the original intake and 906 heads and only has about 5000 miles on it. I wonder if I could showhorn that in to back of it :drool: ? Thanks, Steven

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
the guy down the road has a 72 bueler jet boat with a 440 motor :thumbsup: sweet :thumbsup: that thing hauls a$$ his dad said he head an extra gen 1 hemi he could put in if he wanted. hard choice

droptop

Reaction score
The best 2 days of an owner of a boat is the day you buy it and the day you sell it. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
steve .....the boat looks great on the outside......a few hours rebuilding everything and she will be as good as new :lmao: ......good luck.....will be cool when you finish it and you will be saving a ton of money doing it up

69rrvert

Reaction score
It looks like I am going to have to work this weekend so I will not have time to mess with it to much. May have some time Sunday to try and cut the other side of the floor out. Thanks, Steven

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
moparchris said:
If it floats, flies, or f&$ks its gonna give you trouble! :rimshot:
and dont forget cost alot of money! :yesnod:

Break
Out
Another
Thousand

69rrvert

Reaction score
I finally got a little time off from work and was able to take the boat to my parents house and get the engine pulled today. My little two car garage does not compare to dads 30' X 60" shop. Nice shade to work in and plenty of fans blowing to keep us somewhat cooled off. Since there was no bulkhead in front of the engine, we were able to pull it without removing the outdrive. It was nice just unplgging the wiring harness to get the electical out. I left everything on the engine. It went pretty smooth up until it was time to make the lift. Next time I will remember to pull the dust plate off the bellhousing before trying to remove the engine. I cussed that thing for 1/2 hour before I finally figured out what was holding the motor from coming forward. Now I should have plenty of room to work on the floor. Thanks, Steven

Hot Rod 305 on the engine stand:
resized1610.jpg

Bellhousing with the outdrive still in place:
resized1614.jpg

Rear fuel tank bulkhead. I hope the wood is good:
resized1613.jpg

69rrvert

Reaction score
I was finally able to make a little progress on removing the old floor last night. I finished up the port side floor removal behind the console last night and started on the starboard side. Made it past the seat area and the trash can was full. It looks like the stringers are going to clean up pretty good towards the back and give me something to splice together with. If all goes well, I hope to make another run at it tonight. Thanks, Steven

Port side rear floor removed:
resized1617.jpg

Port side mid section under console:
resized1616.jpg

Port side stringer cleaned up good:
resized1619.jpg

Starboard side mid section under console:
resized1615.jpg

Starboard rear floor is next on the list:
resized1618.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
This should prove to be interesting, I don't Know squat about boats :hack: :popcorn:

69rrvert

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
This should prove to be interesting, I don't squat about boats :hack: :popcorn:

This makes two of us. I pretty good at operating them and maintainance, but fiberglass is a new adventure. The heat down here on the Gulf Coast does not help matters either while wearing a Tyvek suit :pot: and respirator while making the cuts. One more thing, I am becoming immune to the cold showers :chill: due to the fibreglass :brickwall:. Thanks, Steven

69rrvert

Reaction score
Well, it looks like bad luck has finally found me. When I removed the port side floor a few nights ago, the stringers cleaned up good and the transom was ok as well. Today, I cut out the starboard side floor and that's where I found the problems. The stringers were still soft back to the motor mounts and the bottom of the transom is wet and soft. Now, where do I go from here? Do I need to remove the complete outdrive assy. and all of the wiring and hoses to get access to the transom or launch it in the bayou and pull the plug? Thanks, Steven

Starboard rear floor:
resized1620.jpg

Bottom of the starboard transom:
resized1621.jpg

Port & Starboard stringers:
resized1623.jpg

Ski locker floor removed:
resized1622.jpg

Back