• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2012 Carlisle long distance award

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Ok, so which one of you guys drove the farthest to get to Carlisle this year? I backed out and I'm 3.5 hours away. Was it you Steve?
I salute all you guys for making the trip.
Let's give recognition to the man who drove the farthest in the BRUTAL heat!!!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
roadrunnerh said:
coyotekiller said:
Who actually drove their Road Runner the furthest? :drive:

exactly Vinny...... that's what I was wondering.
steve
I guess it would be me at close to 700 miles! The only problem I had was getting stuck in a traffic jam for 1 1/2 hrs. The temp gauge went nuts going up to around 235! :brickwall: It only stalled once but started right back up, but the rest of the time I was slipping the tranny out of gear to rev it up a bit to keep the water moving Loads of fun. Even averaged around 12 mpg! Not too bad I guess.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Steve, you da man!!! Wow. 12 MPG? Yeehaw, big block Chrysler!

Please pm your address Steve, I owe you my share of the tent I told you I would pay.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Steve, you da man!!! Wow. 12 MPG? Yeehaw, big block Chrysler!

Please pm your address Steve, I owe you my share of the tent I told you I would pay.
pm sent!

V269

Reaction score
8 hour drive for me but didn't take the runner.George, sorry I missed you on Friday. Was a few minutes late watching duke contest. I tried to find you guys at the motel for drinks but could not find anyone. Maybe next year. :cheers:

droptop

Reaction score
V269 said:
8 hour drive for me but didn't take the runner.George, sorry I missed you on Friday. Was a few minutes late watching duke contest. I tried to find you guys at the motel for drinks but could not find anyone. Maybe next year. :cheers:

I was in the parking lot on Friday night till about 11pm, and Saturday night till about 2:30am. Or so I am told by the Mrs. :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
68rrunner said:
coyotekiller said:
I don't know how he did it w/o a/c

Steve might have driven the furthest, but I'm willing to bet that I lost the most weight sweating it off in his car.
Yeah, I think the carpet and seat are still wet!!!!! :jester:

1969ronnie

Reaction score
hi, :drive: i did 6.75 hours and 375 miles each way. not as far as some of the guys. ohio nationals are 700 miles and 12.5hours for me but,it should be fun. ron

69B5

Reaction score
Hi Ron
It's all about haveing fun.
Hope to see you next year

Back