• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

225 + 4

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
abodybill said:
If Bob has the new vise and it's a big enough one have him re-arch the springs and that will help ya out :thumbsup: :lmao: :lmao:
It appears I need a bigger hammer to straiten Harry out, He's pulling the age card out on me. :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: P.P.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
69hemibeep said:
roadrunnerh said:
Good point Bob, but I have to admit that I dont understand why the helper spring wont work.

If the car is jacked up and supported at the front portion of the rear frame rails, and the springs are now arched since the wheels are off the ground, and you install / bolt on the spring helpers, How will it not help maintain the arch once the rear is lowered back down? At least in the portion which the helper spring was bolted down on can not return to it's original "flatness".
I hate to admit to it but as a kid with little money I tried most of the crap out there from emergency adjustable fan belts, muffler bandage, Long shackles, helper springs, maybe there improved, trans stop leak. I don't think your going to run a helper spring with the 383 in the car? The springs won't work right for traction or ride.
ooooooh, ok. Now I see where the issue is..... Bob, when you were a kid, you were working on the Flat Head Six. Ok, after that something called the Slant 6 came out, that's what I'm working on.... :lol:
Yeah I have issues. Thank Got the worst one is way over in Pittsburgh, PA :snowball:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
1969ronnie said:
hi, go with a 4bbl. don't waste time or money on a 2bbl. the people selling the 2bbl stuff think its gold plated. it makes it fun to beat up on the 383 guys. its a little harder with the 440 guys, but not much. this is a holley 600 i took off a 440. i thought it would be too big and too rich ,but it was on my shelf. i started with #60 jets in pri and secondary with tall yellow vac spring. it runs very good. first pic shows unsilenced air cleaner assy installed. a hot slant has a sound of its own. use what you have. ron

Now that's a cool set-up. Did you mill the head to increase compression? Cam? What else did you do to that motor? 600 cfm seems like a lot. How does she run?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
1969ronnie said:
hi, go with a 4bbl. don't waste time or money on a 2bbl. the people selling the 2bbl stuff think its gold plated. it makes it fun to beat up on the 383 guys. its a little harder with the 440 guys, but not much. this is a holley 600 i took off a 440. i thought it would be too big and too rich ,but it was on my shelf. i started with #60 jets in pri and secondary with tall yellow vac spring. it runs very good. first pic shows unsilenced air cleaner assy installed. a hot slant has a sound of its own. use what you have. ron

Now that's a cool set-up. Did you mill the head to increase compression? Cam? What else did you do to that motor? 600 cfm seems like a lot. How does she run?
Your just like a mentally ill person that keeps looking for a therapist that will agree with him :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
ooooooh, ok. Now I see where the issue is..... Bob, when you were a kid, you were working on the Flat Head Six. Ok, after that something called the Slant 6 came out, that's what I'm working on.... :lol:[/quote]
Yeah I have issues. Thank Got the worst one is way over in Pittsburgh, PA :snowball:[/quote]

:lmao:

Bob, you'd love the weather over here today. Rainy and about 46F for the high.....

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
roadrunnerh said:
1969ronnie said:

Your just like a mentally ill person that keeps looking for a therapist that will agree with him :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
69hemibeep said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

If I'm not mistaken Harry works in the mental health field...making this part of the thread even more interesting... :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score
Figures. :crazy: Rays house has no wall coverings, Bobs house has multiple building code violations and unfinished projects, Georges house is made of wood, Stuarts house has nothing but new stuff, and lastly my Rich Saudi Oil Baron house has no money. :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Figures. :crazy: Rays house has no wall coverings, Bobs house has multiple building code violations and unfinished projects, Georges house is made of wood, Stuarts house has nothing but new stuff, and lastly my Rich Saudi Oil Baron house has no money. :lol:
I have unfinished projects :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Back