• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

25 REASONS WHY ALCOHOL SHOULD BE SERVED AT WORK...

moparstuart

Reaction score
25 REASONS WHY ALCOHOL SHOULD BE SERVED AT WORK...

1. It's an incentive to show up.
2. It reduces stress.
3. It leads to more honest communications.
4. It reduces complaints about low pay.
5. It cuts down on time off because you have the hangover after work instead of before.
6. Employees tell management what they think, not what management wants to
hear.
7. It helps save on heating costs in the winter.
8. It encourages carpooling.
9. Increase job satisfaction because if you have a bad job, you don't care.
10. It eliminates vacations because people would rather come to work.
11. It makes fellow employees look better.
12. It makes the cafeteria food taste better.
13. Bosses are more likely to hand out raises when they are wasted.
14. Salary negotiations are a lot more profitable.
15. Suddenly, burping during a meeting isn't so embarrassing.
16. Employees work later since there's no longer a need to relax at the bar.
17. It makes everyone more open with their ideas.
18. Everyone agrees they work better after they've had a couple of drinks.
19. Eliminates the need for employees to get drunk on their lunch break.
20. Increases the chance of seeing your boss naked. (depending of course on
the boss).
21. It promotes foreign relations with the former Soviet Union.
22. The janitor's closet will finally have a use.
23. Employees no longer need coffee to sober up.
24. Sitting on the copy machine will no longer be seen as "gross."
25. Babbling and mumbling incoherently will be common language.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hard to argue with that... :lol:

When I first started going down to Brazil in the mid-nineties to call on EMBRAER they had open beer taps available for the employees at lunch... :crazy:

:jester:
Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Hard to argue with that... :lol:

When I first started going down to Brazil in the mid-nineties to call on EMBRAER they had open beer taps available for the employees at lunch... :crazy:

Ray
Sounds like I need to ask the boss for a transfer :thumbsup: Oh I am the boss :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Sounds like I need to ask the boss for a transfer :thumbsup: Oh I am the boss :lol:

Assuming that you use the usual list of power and or hand tools during the course of the day in your Home Improvement business, you might want to just stick to having a few pops AFTER you punch out... :D Just a thought...

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

Assuming that you use the usual list of power and or hand tools during the course of the day in your Home Improvement business, you might want to just stick to having a few pops AFTER you punch out... :D Just a thought...

you think he might have a hard time getting that tap Osha aproved :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and probably not a good idea for me....moving 30,000lb coils around......

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

you think he might have a hard time getting that tap Osha aproved :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I could take an OSHA beer dispensing class :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

That is so true. I remember the day at work where I saw one of the workers stagering from the lunch room going back to work. I could smell the booze on him. What made it more obvious was that as he walked he was sliding against the wall holding it up with his shoulder! He was sent home. Oh yeah, his job was cutting paper rolls with a circular saw! :eek:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

That is so true. I remember the day at work where I saw one of the workers stagering from the lunch room going back to work. I could smell the booze on him. What made it more obvious was that as he walked he was sliding against the wall holding it up with his shoulder! He was sent home. Oh yeah, his job was cutting paper rolls with a circular saw! :eek:
Brilliant :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Roadcuda said:

Sounds like he owes his Super or someone a big "thank-you", since he still has all of his limbs thanks to them... :yesnod:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
Roadcuda said:

Sounds like he owes his Super or someone a big "thank-you", since he still has all of his limbs thanks to them... :yesnod:
Sad to say, but I don't think that thought ever came to that guy. I think he was more happy that he didn't get fired! Also, some of them never seem to learn, or realize, what could happen to them when they are in this condition. They are most likely to miss work on Mondays, I always wondered why! :crazy:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Sounds like he owes his Super or someone a big "thank-you", since he still has all of his limbs thanks to them... :yesnod:[/quote]
Sad to say, but I don't think that thought ever came to that guy. I think he was more happy that he didn't get fired! Also, some of them never seem to learn, or realize, what could happen to them when they are in this condition. They are most likely to miss work on Mondays, I always wondered why! :crazy:[/quote]
The old missing work monday is a dead give away :loco:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I used to work for this guy that would come in Friday mornings still drunk from his Thursday bowling night. I never could understand why they didn't fire his butt... but they didn't. I would bring in something for him to read, a car magazine or something like that. He would grab it off my bench (strategically placed on the corner) and head into his office and close the door.

He was pretty miserable when he started to sober up and that kept him out of my hair for most of the day.

Back