• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

383 Questions

Steve

Reaction score
Could someone tell me the Points gap,Dwell angle please, and am I correct in assuming the timing is TDC with it being a 4-speed.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Look in our reference section and you'll see the service manual. Download and save to make it easier to use. :cheers:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
A Petronix kit will take care of all of that and not look different than stock. I think it is just one wire extra from dizzy to coil.

I have ran several in the past and they are awesome. I haven't ran one of the new ones with multispark, etc but I bet that would be even better than the basic conversions.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
A Petronix kit will take care of all of that and not look different than stock. I think it is just one wire extra from dizzy to coil.

I have ran several in the past and they are awesome. I haven't ran one of the new ones with multispark, etc but I bet that would be even better than the basic conversions.

Correct on the extra wire. Ran one a few years back - worked very well. I'd be interested to hear about anyone's experience with the multispark too. I have wondered about going this route on the A12 so that I could run the original Prestolite - but haven't even checked to see if they're available for this application - may just keep the MoPar electronic conversion and hide the box...

Ray

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
SomeCarGuy said:

Correct on the extra wire. Ran one a few years back - worked very well. I'd be interested to hear about anyone's experience with the multispark too. I have wondered about going this route on the A12 so that I could run the original Prestolite - but haven't even checked to see if they're available for this application - may just keep the MoPar electronic conversion and hide the box...

Ray

That "Second Strike" box does look interesting. There's some nice features and adjustabilty.

Yes, they are available for the Prestolite.

I've used MSD ignitions on several cars now and just love them. I used a MSD 6AL on the Roadrunner with the stock dual point and it worked out real well.

I decided to go with a MP distributor this time although I did consider a Pertronix unit in the old dizzy firing the MSD.

Back