• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 speed conversion questions.

Rocket

Reaction score
I took the trans and bell out today to clean it up. I decided to tackle something I had been procrastinating for a while.... the pedals. I installed them and realized I don't know where the linkage goes through the bulkhead. Anybody have a pic of 4 speed pedals from the inside of the car and the engine compartment?

Also what type of bolts do you use for the two extra ones towards the door?

Also because I had to take the steering column out it made me realize the connection in the engine bay is terrible. is there a better solution than that pin? Is there an aftermarket solution? I don't care if it looks correct. I am going to drive this baby!

A few pics:
IMG_0351_zps5d1f298b.jpg
IMG_0410_zps25e9849d.jpg

Rocket

Reaction score
First thanks! The bolts I mean are even with the master cylinder bolts but towards the driver side.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
if you look under the master cylinder, there is a rectulanger body plug, that is where you rod from the clutch opedal goes theu. you'll need the rubber boot the road goes thru.

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
generaljmwlee said:
I think your right. If you look close next to the insulation is a stud and nut in the one pic almost behind the speedo cable. I would assemble the pedals in the car and then mark where the holes would go then pull in out and drill the holes and then insert the plate on the firewall

I just did all this , hole is there and ready for you . oh pedals courtesy rich saudi oil baron by way of camel train accident

viper day 2 techDSCN55870102.JPG

Back