• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 speed w/ Factory AC. What have we got here?

mcmopar

Reaction score
Obviously the seller knows nothing about what he's talking about. My car is a factory 4 speed with a/c and I have seen many other road runners with this setup. It was definitely "available to the buying public" because the original owner of my car was not a Chrysler employee.
It may be that Chrysler only optioned cars in this way through the ordering process by customers who wanted to check off only the options they wanted and didn't build any pool cars sold to dealers like this.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
"high rise exhaust manifolds"... :lol:

If only it had a 3/4 cam... :lmao:

:jester:

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
"high rise exhaust manifolds"... :lol:

If only it had a 3/4 cam... :lmao:

:jester:
:lmao: I missed that comment on the manifolds. Even better if it had a full race cam - or a "police package" engine. :lmao:

mtdrydock

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
An accel super coil? :huh: Does anyone still use those? Mine has been shelved for two decades. :lol:

What is wrong with Accel coils?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mtdrydock said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
An accel super coil? :huh: Does anyone still use those? Mine has been shelved for two decades. :lol:

Nothing, Its kind of day two stuff most have gone electronic. I have a friend with a 67 GTX that is full of day two stuff and I finally convinced him to leave it alone, its becoming real popular again :yesnod:

mtdrydock

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
mtdrydock said:
sixgunrunner68 said:

Nothing, Its kind of day two stuff most have gone electronic. I have a friend with a 67 GTX that is full of day two stuff and I finally convinced him to leave it alone, its becoming real popular again :yesnod:

I guess the term "day two stuff" escapes my grasp of understanding. it says in the add that it is switched to electronic ignition, but I cannot verify the claim.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
OK so you could get it. I couldn't remember if it was rae or just not available. Then seeing crap like that adds to the confusion.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Day two refers to the modifications that were made to these cars over the period of a several years after the car was sold new. Lots of times it was a second owner.

droptop

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
OK so you could get it. I couldn't remember if it was rae or just not available. Then seeing crap like that adds to the confusion.

The no 4 speed with air combo was on RB engines. The longer belts would not stay on at higher rpms.

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
mtdrydock said:
sixgunrunner68 said:

x2
like i said, I have one on my shelf that I used to use. You just don't see too many of the super coils around anymore.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
droptop said:
SomeCarGuy said:

The no 4 speed with air combo was on RB engines. The longer belts would not stay on at higher rpms.

Ah, that was it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Day 2 stuff-
after market wheels
chrome valve covers
headers,etc....

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I am too...just afraid that light I see is an oncoming train...happens every time I think I'm gettin ahead.

Back