• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
...that really blows :eek:[/quote]
it will make a great end table[/quote]
what a brilliant idea
[attachment=0:199petu8]engine_coffee_table.jpg[/attachment:199petu8]
check out the storage for "Valvoline Sauvignon"[/quote]

Now that is different! Let me guess, you turn the crank to raise the bottle for easier access from the storage area, right? :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
6R9Runner said:
Damn, was that a six-pack rod? I thought they were stronger than the 440 rods.

Heavier?...for damn sure... Greater strength?...well, that depends entirely on whose kool-aid you've been drinking... You'll probably find an even 50-50 split on those two camps from people with serious experience with both... Personally, I prefer not to put the fate of my 40+ year old block in either of their hands...but that's just my :cents:

ACME

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
6R9Runner said:

Heavier?...for damn sure... Greater strength?...well, that depends entirely on whose kool-aid you've been drinking... You'll probably find an even 50-50 split on those two camps from people with serious experience with both... Personally, I prefer not to put the fate of my 40+ year old block in either of their hands...but that's just my :cents:

ACME
i hard lesson I have learned Now after two set of 40 + year old rods have failed on me

THe new eagle H beams are rock solid

shut up BOB

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I had just locked up a deal for a 69-440 906 heads steel crank everything is standard size, top to bottom with 727 for $150. I called my machinist because the main caps are missing and he said without them its junk. There is some good stuff still but not worth the 160 mile round trip. :toetap: WELL Its back on, they just moved and lost track of them and his father in law found them at the old house. :banana: I need this like a hole in the head, good thing I'm not a Hoarder :lmao:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I had just locked up a deal for a 69-440 906 heads steel crank everything is standard size, top to bottom with 727 for $150. I called my machinist because the main caps are missing and he said without them its junk. There is some good stuff still but not worth the 160 mile round trip. :toetap: WELL Its back on, they just moved and lost track of them and his father in law found them at the old house. :banana: I need this like a hole in the head, good thing I'm not a Hoarder :lmao:

I think we both know who the "hoarder" comment was aimed at since you called me that just yesterday... :toetap: :lmao: :toetap:

Make sure you post the VIN # when you get it...maybe you just located Bambi's or Stuie's Charger 500's long lost block... :D

:jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

I think we both know who the "hoarder" comment was aimed at since you called me that just yesterday... :toetap: :lmao: :toetap:

Make sure you post the VIN # when you get it...maybe you just located Bambi's or Stuie's Charger 500's long lost block... :D

:jester:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: yeah if that vin starts with XX29L i'm headed your way

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
Stuie, did the slug go up and bend any valves?
which time LOL no we have had the heads checked every time and they have alway been fine , push rod have been fine also

:huh: you can see the broken cam in this one
You have one lobe a little off center I would say

CompSyn

Reaction score
Dang! I really hate to say it, but those pics may have scared me into buying a set of China rods... :facepalm:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
6R9Runner said:

ACME

I think I've said this before..... Every 440 that I have ever seen that tossed a rod had the "six pack" rods in it. IMHO, its a poorly designed rod, too heavy for it's own good.

Back