• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6 pack Setup

joewhite440

Reaction score
My friend is going to hook me up with the 6pack and aircleaner I borrowed off him in 1984. Will this set look correct on my 69? He does not remember what year he bought it or what it was off of. It has not been used since I ran it in 84.

joewhite440

Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
My freind is going to hook me up with the 6pack and aircleaner I borrowed off him in 1984. Will this set look correct on my 69? He does not remember what year he bought it or what it was off of. It has not been used since I ran it in 84.

One more picture!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the air cleaner is all worng. I'll swing by later and pick it up.......

joewhite440

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
the air cleaner is all worng. I'll swing by later and pick it up.......

He told me $500 was good. I told him it was worth a lot more than that and he said that was all he paid for it. I have not spoken to him in 2 years. My wife seen him the other day at Walmart and he just came to visit me because she told him that I had been down for a while. With nice guys like him, Ray and you I might get this car done afterall.

Joe

droptop

Reaction score
What side is the vent tube for the valve cover breather on? If it goes to the driver side, it is a '69. If it goes to the pass. side, it is a '70.

joewhite440

Reaction score
droptop said:
What side is the vent tube for the valve cover breather on? If it goes to the driver side, it is a '69. If it goes to the pass. side, it is a '70.

I will check that and the Carb numbers when I get it home.
One good thing is I know it ran well last time I used it so the carbs probably will just need gaskets etc. Should be nothing major. My car is a 383 car anyways so it adds no value to the car I was just wondering what it was off of. I think 6 packs are cool on the street.

Joe

mcmopar

Reaction score
Six Packs scream "PERFORMANCE" on the street. mmmmmmmm daddy likey the 6 pack setup.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
droptop said:

I will check that and the Carb numbers when I get it home.
One good thing is I know it ran well last time I used it so the carbs probably will just need gaskets etc. Should be nothing major. My car is a 383 car anyways so it adds no value to the car I was just wondering what it was off of. I think 6 packs are cool on the street.

Joe

The '69.5 base and lid are different - that's definitely a '70 or '71 set-up. All of the fiberglass hood cars (A12 - T/A - AAR) use the wide-lipped lid. Should be really cool on your car, Joe. :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Unless you are a purist it wouldn't matter to me! Just the look of that big 'ol air cleaner is BOSS (remember that phrase you old timers? :acme: )

John69RR

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Unless you are a purist it wouldn't matter to me! Just the look of that big 'ol air cleaner is BOSS (remember that phrase you old timers? :acme: )
Haven't heard that phrase in awhile.

joewhite440

Reaction score
mcmopar said:

Does not matter to me. I was not going to change hoods anyways. My hood is really nice. I am just glad he is hooking me up on the price($500). I never could afforded it any other way.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
Does not matter to me. I was not going to change hoods anyways. My hood is really nice. I am just glad he is hooking me up on the price($500). I never could afforded it any other way.

that is a sweet deal!!!!!

joewhite440

Reaction score
mac said:
joewhite440 said:

that is a sweet deal!!!!!

Yes it is good to know that everyone is not in this hobby just to make money. Basketcase hooked me up last month with a crossmember and now this. Seems to good to be true!

Joe

joewhite440

Reaction score
Finally Got the six pack set up.

It is a 1970 Air Cleaner assembly with the Plymouth sticker on it. The Intake and carb numbers are as follows:

DR1114429 selonoid Delco Remy
3412046 Intake
Front 4393

Middle 4392

Rear 4394
Is this 69 stuff for an Automatic?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
Finally Got the six pack set up.

It is a 1970 Air Cleaner assembly with the Plymouth sticker on it. The Intake and carb numbers are as follows:

DR1114429 selonoid Delco Remy
3412046 Intake
Front 4393

Middle 4392

Rear 4394
Is this 69 stuff for an Automatic?
Yep 69 auto. Nice score that stuff is golden:thumbsup:

joewhite440

Reaction score
That was 1984 the last time these carbs were ran on my 72 Scamp. Those are Hooker Fenderwell Super Comp Headers. Really had to butcher inner fender wells to run them. They were the Header to run back then on Big Block A-bodies. They were not very nice to look at.

Back