• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 AMD Hood on a 69

68-383Bee

Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy a new AMD hood for my 69 GTX. The hood that was on it was an early 68 (modified for the 69 inserts) that was installed after a wreck years ago. I assume the hood latch panel is from a 68 as well since the safety catch is in a different position. Not sure if I should buy a early 68 hood and use the hood latch panel I have or order a 69 and try to find a replacement latch panel. This is a nice street car, not a perfect numbers matching car.

Does anyone know if there are any visual differences in the latch panels other than the safety catch hole being located slightly different?

Has anyone bought the 68 AMD hood and does the under hood framing really look like the 69? Does it matter if it is different? This is a AC car and will have a insulating pad on the hood.

droptop

Reaction score
The location of the hood latch and the inserts are the only differences in the two years. If what you have works good for you, great. If not spend the extra cash and put the 69 parts back on it. Most people will never know unless you tell them.

68-383Bee

Reaction score
I called AMD. They confirmed that the "Early 68" style hood has the late 68/ 69 style under hood framing. The only difference is the safety latch location. I was also told that these 2 separate hoods are being replaced with one hood that is configured for both safety catch locations so it fits any car. It also appears that this is nearly impossible to buy a hood at the moment as AMD is out of stock and pretty much no one stocks these. Looks like February at the earliest before these become available again. Guess I will look for a used hood...

cj69RR

Reaction score
I want to say that I saw someone had a hood for sale down here in Jacksonville, Fl. If you need someone to look at it let me know.

Back