• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Bird

Collin

Reaction score
So I went to the cruise night at the festival in North Branford tonight. Good amount of cars showed up, 4 mopars made it. A beautiful 70 Superbird, and 340 '70 Cuda, a Hurst Rambler and a special 1968 Roadrunner. This bird was white and was a really great shaped survivor. I quickly made my way over to a buddy of mine whos 52 willys was there, he asked if I had heard the story of the runner and when I said i hadnt he called over the owner. So heres the story.....The owner is a computer technician and was over an elderly gentlemans house debugging his computer. The computer was full of viruses and the tech told the man that he was going to be there for a while and would miss his car show. The old man asked him if he liekd old cars and took him to the garage. There next to weed whackers, fertilizer bags and other objects was this 68 RR. To the techs suprise it was an all orginal surviving 426 Hemi car!! The tech asked the man if it was for sale and the gentlemans wife so overjoyed to be getting rid of the car she hated hugged the man and thanked him for offering. The old man excalimed that he bougt the car in the early 80s and would have to have his price matched so he could get his money back. The man gave the figure of 21 thousand and the tech went home and returned the next day and bought the car. He now owns a beatiful white 4 speed 1968 all original unrestored 426 hemi car. Pretty unbelieveable!!

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
And where are the pictures......... :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: How long are you going to be here until you learn, "WE WANT PICTURES".......... :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Collin said:
4 mopars made it. A beautiful 70 Superbird, and 340 '70 Cuda, a Hurst Rambler and a special 1968 Roadrunner.

Hmmm...I only count three... :lol:

Nice story. That kind of sh*t NEVER happens to me... :leave:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Boy, wait till Dave sees this post without :redx: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: (pat ped) :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Boy, wait till Dave sees this post without :redx: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: (pat ped) :lol:

"Pilot to Bombadier,prepare for Agent Green Release"

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Collin said:
I didnt take any pictures

OH-Boy. You'll learn to just ingnore (I.E. don't utter a word...) the demands for pictures when you didn't take any...fessing up to not taking any doesn't buy you a reprieve on this site...it just makes things worse... You've now committed a double felony and Judge Basketcase is known as a bit of a hanging judge... Well, at least you'll know better next time... :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Collin said:
I didnt take any pictures

OH-Boy. You'll learn to just ingnore (I.E. don't utter a word...) the demands for pictures when you didn't take any...fessing up to not taking any doesn't buy you a reprieve on this site...it just makes things worse... You've now committed a double felony and Judge Basketcase is known as a bit of a hanging judge... Well, at least you'll know better next time... :lol:

Gesh, Ray! Go easy on the kid. :chill: He's still new here. He did after all at least tell us about the car, and in time he'll start to remember that we like pics of the cars that we talk about. :thumbsup: I suppose you had a camera with you everytime you saw something that wouild be of interest? :huh: $21,000 for a survivor hemi 4 sp. car. That's a steal! Collin, if you see this guy again you should tell him about the Mopars in Motion car shows coming up and there would be a lot of interest in that car at these shows! Keep the sighting reports coming! ( But please remember to have a camera!)

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Gesh, Ray! Go easy on the kid.

I think you COMPLETELY misread my post, Steve. I was just cutting up. That's what the :lol: at the end means. We all like to see pics, and Dave just happens to be the poster child for that phenomenon. The characterization of Dave as a Hanging Judge is called "irony"; he's one of the nicest guys on this forum. And as someone that NEVER carries a camera around with him, I was actually sympathizing with Collin's plight...how do you think I FIGURED OUT WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU SHARE A SIGHTING, BUT DIDN'T TAKE ANY PICS...???

Ray

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:
Gesh, Ray! Go easy on the kid.

I think you COMPLETELY misread my post, Steve. I was just cutting up. That's what the :lol: at the end means. We all like to see pics, and Dave just happens to be the poster child for that phenomenon. The characterization of Dave as a Hanging Judge is called "irony"; he's one of the nicest guys on this forum. And as someone that NEVER carries a camera around with him, I was actually sympathizing with Collin's plight...how do you think I FIGURED OUT WHAT TO DO WHEN AFTER YOU SHARE A SIGHTING, BUT DIDN'T TAKE ANY PICS...???

Ray
Yeah, Steve, easy on Ray. Going to a car show without a camera is like going to a whorehouse without condoms......... :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Yeah, Steve, easy on Ray. Going to a car show without a camera is like going to a whorehouse without condoms......... :lmao:

Well, kinda...but they don't give you a camera at the car show if you forget yours... :lmao:

Still can't believe I forgot to take my camera to Carlisle... :leave:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hey Gary take it easy on Steve, and quit looking at my pics :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Everybody's so sensitive today! :devil: I was just messing with you Ray! :jester: But then I forget sometimes that you have other things on your mind right now so I can understand why you may have missed that! All is good! :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Well, you know......... :D

It's hotter than...(insert your favorite analogy here)...and I'm working out in the garage...so I decide to escape the heat and humidity for just a few minutes...only to be greeted by the infamous "G.H." photo... I think I'll just go back to the garage... :leave:

:lmao:

We're cool, Steve; I just didn't want anyone thinking that I was throwing Collin under the bus - because I certainly was not - as I was just joking around with him the same as I do everyone else on this forum. We need the young guns to carry the torch so I'll be the last one to rain on their parade...so we're done with this topic.

I did HOWEVER take some pictures as I moved the cars around today... Since the home computer is fried (can't download the digital camera to this computer) I had to take them with my cell phone camera...which means that I have to e-mail them to myself...which means I have to clean out my over-the-limit inbox in order to receive them...which means...who freakin' knows when I'll get to post them...BUT I WILL EVENTUALLY...

ACME aka "No Group Hugs..." :D

Collin

Reaction score
I should have just kept the story that I thought was pretty neat about a survivor RR to myself since I had no pictures...

I had no camera because I drove past the show and decided to stop...had no intentions of being at a show that night.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
No, you did the right thing, we're just messin with you. I'd love to come across something like that. You did good. Don't tell everyone else I said that.......... :thumbsup:

Back