• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Bird

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Collin said:
I should have just kept the story that I thought was pretty neat about a survivor RR to myself since I had no pictures...

I had no camera because I drove past the show and decided to stop...had no intentions of being at a show that night.

We're just messing around. Its a running joke about pictures here and everybody gets a taste of it sooner or later. Its almost a rite of passage. :cheers:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Collin said:
I should have just kept the story that I thought was pretty neat about a survivor RR to myself since I had no pictures...

I had no camera because I drove past the show and decided to stop...had no intentions of being at a show that night.

since you're young, and a newbie here, The Judge/Poster Child will let you off with a stern warning....... :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: (pat pend) In the future, you are to have on your person at all times, a picture taking device. No excuse will be tolarated in the future..... :jester: :jester: :jester:

Now....I must confess to a similar breech of the rule myself this past week......
A buddy and I went to a boneyard this week in search of a rear shock crossmember for my car. Mine was bad when I got it. Not beat from air shocks, but cracked at the main frames. I had it welded, and it lasted a couple years. Y1 wants $300 for a new one. I found a used one on the 'parts for $100. Then another ad on the 'parts, had a guy in Fklorida parting a '68 runner. He had the member for $40, and a set of factory seat belts for $85. Great! But then the city got on his back about his parts cars, so he had to put the '68 in storage for a while. No problem I said, worth the wait for the price. Well that was in May. So we went to the boneyard, and got the crossmember off the '68. It was a blue auto post car. all the tags were gone, as most of the parts. I was halfway to the yard when I remembered I had forgotten my camera. I thought to myself........I'll never live this down. Got the crossmember for $25, and found a headliner for the truck for $15. About the only other good part on the yard runner is the back glass. They want $25 and we take it out. Gonna go back for that. This was about the only muscle mopar there except for a '69 Charger that was twisted like a pretzel.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":2kj4uv0s]Well, you know......... :D

It's hotter than...(insert your favorite analogy here)...and I'm working out in the garage...so I decide to escape the heat and humidity for just a few minutes...only to be greeted by the infamous "G.H." photo... I think I'll just go back to the garage... :leave:

:lmao:

We're cool, Steve; I just didn't want anyone thinking that I was throwing Collin under the bus - because I certainly was not - as I was just joking around with him the same as I do everyone else on this forum. We need the young guns to carry the torch so I'll be the last one to rain on their parade...so we're done with this topic.

I did HOWEVER take some pictures as I moved the cars around today... Since the home computer is fried (can't download the digital camera to this computer) I had to take them with my cell phone camera...which means that I have to e-mail them to myself...which means I have to clean out my over-the-limit inbox in order to receive them...which means...who freakin' knows when I'll get to post them...BUT I WILL EVENTUALLY...

:jester:
ACME aka "No Group Hugs..." :D[/quote:2kj4uv0s]
I knew that Ray, it was just an opportunity to mess with you that I couldn't pass up! :jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Big John said:
Collin said:

We're just messing around. Its a running joke about pictures here and everybody gets a taste of it sooner or later. Its almost a rite of passage. :cheers:
Yeah, Collin, what Big John said. :thumbsup: That's one of the things that makes this site so great. We can mess with each other about all kinds of stuff and know it's all in fun. In stead of taking offense, we just give it back. Keep the stories coming, we like them all. And if you have the pics, it's a bonus!

mcmopar

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Collin said:

since you're young, and a newbie here, The Judge/Poster Child will let you off with a stern warning....... :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: (pat pend) In the future, you are to have on your person at all times, a picture taking device. No excuse will be tolarated in the future..... :jester: :jester: :jester:

Now....I must confess to a similar breech of the rule myself this past week......
A buddy and I went to a boneyard this week in search of a rear shock crossmember for my car. Mine was bad when I got it. Not beat from air shocks, but cracked at the main frames. I had it welded, and it lasted a couple years. Y1 wants $300 for a new one. I found a used one on the 'parts for $100. Then another ad on the 'parts, had a guy in Fklorida parting a '68 runner. He had the member for $40, and a set of factory seat belts for $85. Great! But then the city got on his back about his parts cars, so he had to put the '68 in storage for a while. No problem I said, worth the wait for the price. Well that was in May. So we went to the boneyard, and got the crossmember off the '68. It was a blue auto post car. all the tags were gone, as most of the parts. I was halfway to the yard when I remembered I had forgotten my camera. I thought to myself........I'll never live this down. Got the crossmember for $25, and found a headliner for the truck for $15. About the only other good part on the yard runner is the back glass. They want $25 and we take it out. Gonna go back for that. This was about the only muscle mopar there except for a '69 Charger that was twisted like a pretzel.

I'd be ashamed to put a crossmember in my car that came from a blue one! :pot: :D Oh well - any port in the storm I guess. Disinfect it real good!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
I'd be ashamed to put a crossmember in my car that came from a blue one!

Too much pressure to upgrade the rest of the car...???!!! :lmao:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:

He said that cause he didn't want to hide the best looking part on the whole car......... :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well the good thing is ma mopar didn't paint the crossmembers, so this one won't infect my car.......... :lmao:

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:

Nah - just don't want to lower the value of mine! :jester:

Back