• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Project

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Got the engine assembled and the girliematic to the tranny shop and the car should be here from the body shop next week. They got the engine bay painted and the color is way cool, but the owner of the car isn't that impressed.

DSCN5733 (800x600).jpg

photo 1 (600x800).jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Yes it is. LL1 Surf Turquoise poly, I really like it. Some say the first high impact color was B5 in 1969 but I would argue this color in 68 was the first

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
She was thinking Orange to be different, but I can think of 3 orange roadrunners in town and none in Turquoise

Last edited:

tallhair

Reaction score
Got the engine assembled and the girliematic to the tranny shop and the car should be here from the body shop next week. They got the engine bay painted and the color is way cool, but the owner of the car isn't that impressed.
Wait til she get's all the compliments when driving it or at car shows because it will stand out!

I'm all about that turquoise .. I sometimes think of painting my 68 R/T Turquoise. I used to have a LL1 and white interior 68 R/T and wish I still did.

I really like those valve covers too ...

peresvet24

Reaction score
probably before I was inattentive when you had time to get 68? Bob how many cars you have about those who we do not know?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
probably before I was inattentive when you had time to get 68? Bob how many cars you have about those who we do not know?

The 68 runner belongs to a lady I met at a car show and it turns out she lives 1/2 mile from me. Anyway her husband took it apart and died on her so she hired me to put it together. As far as cars in the yard or garaged I have the 68 Valiant project, My daughters 69 R/T Charger my Runner a 73 jeep, plus our two daily drivers and a motor home. State Farm insurance loves us :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
we just went with State Farm for the toy cars. Hagerty dropped us for the Boss's not her fault accedent last fall. American Collectors and Grundy wanted close to $800 for the pair. State Farm is way better then their cost.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
we just went with State Farm for the toy cars. Hagerty dropped us for the Boss's not her fault accedent last fall. American Collectors and Grundy wanted close to $800 for the pair. State Farm is way better then their cost.

The difference is State Farm has a stated value policy for collectors where American and the others have an Agreed value. In a total loss you get the agreed amount in a stated it's up to the company to come up with a number, its pretty much out of your control as they can restate its value.

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah it's just a shell game with all of them. We got the cars covered for what hagerty did, so we're happy for now. just need to get her VW straightened out.

Back