• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Road Runner value

skniseley

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the group and looking to some help. My late father in law was a collector of all things (nice way to say horder) and in that collection of stuff is a 1968 Road Runner the car was in a barn covered in stuff. While the car definitely needs a restoration it appears to be unmolested, the interior is toast and there is rust on the exterior but I believe it is number matching, the car was running when it was parked in there 40+ years ago… it has a 383 4 speed it’s yellow with black stripes. While I have thought about restoring it my self not sure I want to invest the time or energy it would require to bring this bird back to life. So I’m trying to figure out what a good value is for the car so I can sell it for the family. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide……I will be glad to forward pics but could not figure out how to attach as the files where to big for this site

torredcuda

Reaction score
Yes, it`s his. I asked him to list the vin and fender tag if it has one so we can give him more info on what it is but it sure looks like a `69. :)

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Price that is a good question. Needs body work or everything once you get into the restore process. ARE YOU EVER DONE!!!!!!! Buy one for seven thou. Then drop another 30 K. Plus all the hours needed to bring one back to life. Know I could not afford to have shops do the work now days. Looking at shop cost at 200 per hour. Everything has gone out of site. But hope the price of our cars hold their value. :thumbsup2:

torredcuda

Reaction score
I have ten times that amount of leaves fall in my driveway in one late fall day. My guess it was dragged out of the barn and has set outside for a short time.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The primary rusting out of the lower cowl is due to leaves getting in that area. Tanic acid is the primary culprit of leaves. It burns through like a blow torch. When stuff gets behind the fresh air duct in the lower cowl no place to get it out. So, it just sits. Ask me how I know. After replacing the upper and lower cowl found that it has a narrow gap behind the duct and stuff gets trapped there. Not a whole lot of paint was sprayed there either from the factory.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
I see rust that probably needs repairing at the lower rear wheel well.
I see rust at the hood lip. It may be razor thin there.
Rust behind the rocker trim? Who knows how bad.
Like Russ says it COULD need a new cowl top at least (window channel)
Won't know about the cowl bottom without a borescope OR pulling the top.
Cowls are a time bomb.
He said the interior is toast. That could be many things.
Trunk?
Under hood?
Too may unknown. But I'm in the area and close.
I'll go on a limb and call it a 9K car if I was in the market.
Otherwise he could go national and maybe find better.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Paid 7 thou. for mine. Pics of the car. One of the upper and lower cowls off. Extensive Sheet metal work throughout the car. Can not list all the metal replaced it would be like a book. LOL. 383 motor rebuild also.

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

Back