• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 RR authenticity

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
You can not have a title to the car if it is not what you say it is. Like I tell every one with the car I got. Yes it dose not have the finder tag but all the body numbers match the vin number. The problem is over the years someone swapped the motor and trans also the rear end. But the motor is a roadrunner. I looked every where for a runner and their where rip offs on the enter web. So I said if I could walk up and touch it and the title was good then it was a runner. This car was owned buy only to other owner's. I have the paper trail with the title. Sold in Alabama till it was bought and brought to fla. By second owner. Well if their that hard to sell on it being a runner then they probably don't have the money your asking for the car. Someone will buy it that really want's a runner. Russ.

droptop

Reaction score
It should have 11" brakes and hd rear springs in the back if it is a RR. Also another clue is the exhaust hangers above the rear axle. One side will be welded on and the other side will be bolted on. Will also have sway bar tabs on the lower control arms. A lot of small details are overlooked when people are cloning RR's.

RonLiv

Reaction score
You can not have a title to the car if it is not what you say it is. Like I tell every one with the car I got. Yes it dose not have the finder tag but all the body numbers match the vin number. The problem is over the years someone swapped the motor and trans also the rear end. But the motor is a roadrunner. I looked every where for a runner and their where rip offs on the enter web. So I said if I could walk up and touch it and the title was good then it was a runner. This car was owned buy only to other owner's. I have the paper trail with the title. Sold in Alabama till it was bought and brought to fla. By second owner. Well if their that hard to sell on it being a runner then they probably don't have the money your asking for the car. Someone will buy it that really want's a runner. Russ.
I think so as well.

RonLiv

Reaction score
It should have 11" brakes and hd rear springs in the back if it is a RR. Also another clue is the exhaust hangers above the rear axle. One side will be welded on and the other side will be bolted on. Will also have sway bar tabs on the lower control arms. A lot of small details are overlooked when people are cloning RR's.
Jeepers, I didn't know this about the exhaust hangers that is! Now I got to crawl up under there and look, thanks man. LOL

RonLiv

Reaction score
Jeepers, I didn't know this about the exhaust hangers that is! Now I got to crawl up under there and look, thanks man. LOL
Are these items true for both the 68 & 69? Or just the 68 we are talking about in this thread? The two are very similar. You really do have me curious as to how the restoration was done on my car now.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Yes 68-69 and pretty sure 70 but they are all bolt on clues.True the sway bar tabs are welded to the lower control arms but the arms bolt in.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Yes 68-69 and pretty sure 70 but they are all bolt on clues.True the sway bar tabs are welded to the lower control arms but the arms bolt in.
Things I didn't know, thanks!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That car is probably in better shape than mine was so someone that is really interested will give you what you are asking. If they go into looking at what it cost to do a total restore on the car. :thumbsup2:

Back