• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Runner underhood decal

robertop

Reaction score
in a 68 Roadrunner there is a small decal, about 2"X3", with engine idle data and more, right in front of the windshield fluid reservoir. Can anybody post a photo of its exact position? Thank you.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
hmmmm...I've always seen those on the left behind the battery on top of the inner fender.

jays69bird

Reaction score
hmmmm...I've always seen those on the left behind the battery on top of the inner fender.

That is where they are on a 69,not sure if the 68 is different. I will thumb through some old magazines I have saved. I remember an article about a 68 that had been damage in a transport accident and was sitting in a back lot in a dealership. The car was as it left the factory and they photographed all that stuff as a reference restoration thing.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I had a '68 Charger R/T, but when I got it in '84, all the decals and stuff was long gone.

robertop

Reaction score
I agree,the 68 are definitely different. I saw a picture of the location in an old mopar magazine a while back

A12

Reaction score
The '68 is on the passenger's side because it was still possible to easily place it there on the assembly line due to the smaller hood/fender bumper and fender to radiator support. In '69 it got larger (for some reason?) and it was a little more restrictive to quickly place the label there so it was moved to the driver's side.

A12

Reaction score
My '68 had it on the passenger's side and I have photos of lots of original '68 St. Louis and Lynch Road assembly plant B-bodies with them on the passenger's side. IMO it's the most incorrectly placed label on a '68 B-body when it is on the driver's side.

You can see the outline of where it was on a '68 road runner in front of the windshield washer fluid container

Chrysler Classic Columbus 2004 RR DG CMR 68rr 346.jpg

Chrysler Classic Columbus 2004 RR DG CMR 68rr 346.jpg

Last edited:

A12

Reaction score
And here is the smaller fender mount and hood bumper pad on the '68 models that made it easier to place it there on the same '68 road runner

Chrysler Classic Columbus 2004 RR DG CMR 68rr 344.jpg

Chrysler Classic Columbus 2004 RR DG CMR 68rr 344.jpg

A12

Reaction score
This one is a top placing National winning '68 Hemi road runner of a good friend of mine (he has a heater box I gave him in it that he never paid me for if you're reading this Rick LOL) that the emission label is in the INCORRECT LOCATION, showing that the judges don't even know the correct location.

DSC02846.jpg

DSC02846.jpg

Last edited:

robertop

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your replies, guys! Now I know what to do, great!

A12

Reaction score
robertop, I'm a little confused from reading your other thread on this subject over on Moparts, what model year road runner are you looking for the placement of the emission timing setting label for and what model year road runner and engine do you have?

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads...8-roadrunner-underhood-decal.html#Post1896700

Also that image from the '69 sales info of the '69 road runner vert showing the label in front of the washer fluid bottle has the smaller '68 hood bumper plate so it was keyed off of the '68 placement when they prepped that '69 rr vert for the sales info in August of '68.

robertop

Reaction score
Okay, what I have is a 69 Hemi roadrunner with a 'build' date of 7/28, which probably is the first produced in 69 at Lynch Road. it's the #2 in the registry. It came with extra finishes on the door edges and many 68 parts, to mention some of the differences with standard features. It also had a 68 radiator support, which I found out when I replaced after a hit on 1970, and I am positive about the location of the mentioned decal

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
This thread just caught my attention. You have the 69 hood and air grabber I would assume and the engine timing would be for a 69 I would think, but your emission sticker is on the radiator support not the inner fender? Just curious as to what the sticker says compared to my later model.

robertop

Reaction score
This thread just caught my attention. You have the 69 hood and air grabber I would assume and the engine timing would be for a 69 I would think, but your emission sticker is on the radiator support not the inner fender? Just curious as to what the sticker says compared to my later model.
No no, the sticker was in the position for the 68 models, not on the radiator support. As far as what was on the sticker, I doubt if there was a difference between the 68 and the 69, however I can find out, since I still have the original and an ECS reproduction, so I have to find them and let you know.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I worked with Dave at ECS on my air cleaner care decal. They evidently had two printings in 69 and after I provided photo proof of mine and one other he produced what I needed. Great service.

robertop

Reaction score
I worked with Dave at ECS on my air cleaner care decal. They evidently had two printings in 69 and after I provided photo proof of mine and one other he produced what I needed. Great service.
I checked the decal I got from them and it' s for a 69 Hemi, just like the one I had on the car. P.S. They really are a great service!

MMissile

Reaction score
This one is a top placing National winning '68 Hemi road runner of a good friend of mine (he has a heater box I gave him in it that he never paid me for if you're reading this Rick LOL) that the emission label is in the INCORRECT LOCATION, showing that the judges don't even know the correct location.

View attachment 9537

I own that car now, and have been driving it. It's had a few issues.

Back