• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 11in Drum Brakes

HotRod20

Reaction score
Check for worn lower or upper control arm bushings too...lol....just read the previous post... agree! :)

Larry Chilese

Reaction score
Hot Rod20 is right, all those components mentioned in the last several posts will affect the way the front end (including the Barkes) handle, and will be magnified under brake load.

ricks_RR

Reaction score
this may sound silly but the front shoes are bigger them the back shoes . make sure they are right and i had to shave the edge of my shoes when they were new because the drums on the inner edge was not cut right . the after market stuff s##ks

Ritchie Valens

Reaction score
My roadrunner was doing the same thing. Took it to my guy and he said my drum brakes were not the problem. It was the upper control arm bushings. People may not think that could cause pulling, but my RR drives great now that the bushings were replaced. The pulling happens when its under brake load. Also, it can cause caster or camber which affects the wheel/tire

Larry Chilese

Reaction score
bingo-that's exactly what I and a couple others thought. It takes some doing to get those out and replaced. If you are a do it yourselfer you'll need a full size arbor press and some you tube

Back